Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 9:38:46 PM EDT
The marksman is located near the freeway entrance on Canyon road in Puyallup area.  I just wanted to say I stopped by there and am very impressed with their stock.  They have quite a bit of AR items.  Of course, I'm 19, fairly young looking, (though most think I'm older then 19), and I had a few of the people who work their tell me I couldn't mount my aimpoint in regular 30mm scope rings, that it wouldn't work, and I'd need a "real aimpoint mount"

Nonetheless, awesome store in terms of their stock of accessories, both AR related and not!  Also, indoor pistol range.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
One of these days I'm going to go there, just haven't made it yet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
that's where i bought my 1st AR from last year.
I had to pick it up the next day though ,because i guess whatever they use to check NICs were down on that day i went in to buy it.

I called everywhere looking for my BM 16" A3.  If i remember correctly, Bullseye did have a better price at the time.  By like $50.  

Anyways, they have a huge inventory of stuff.  Especially handguns.  I was pleasantly surprised.

Also, there was some cowboy going crazy in their shooting range.  Doing draw and fire 1 handed.  Fast and accurate.  I was amazed by that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to go there all the time until I discovered Bulls-eye in Tacoma, with its less annoying range rules. No hour long seminar, no membership requirements... just rent and shoot! For that same reason, In usually go in the early afternoon so i won't get shot by some ignorant.

The Marksman has a relatively nice collection of AR parts, but these day I just order online...

Did you notice any winchester white box 5.56 BTW?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#4]
nope, didnt see any, in fact, ammo was something they were lacking in.  I only saw wolf for .223
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
ever since Bullseye got rid of that idiot upstairs that wore the Airsoft pistol (that looked exactly like the Glock he was wearing) i've been less hesitant at using their range.  

that, and Mike Johnson is the only other man alive that my wife will listen to when it comes to shooting.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
What?! Some bullseye employee was wearing a airsoft pistol? I thought that they just all open carried.

Ok, so the two range employees I know at bullseye are

-The college freshman. Yeah, he goes to my school
-The tall, history channel guy

And about .223/5.56 ammo at The Marksman, only thing worth buying there I've noted is their TAP. The Bullseye used to have XM193, but they've all dried out, and now they only have ADCOM M855 (which has worked fine for me...) and way overpriced Lake City M855 in stripper clips. I believe it was $42 for 120 rounds of M855 in the bandoleer. Front line stuff or not, at 35 cents a pop (with membership discount)  it's ridiculous.

Hopefully, somebody will start stocking the new Winchester Q3131.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
nope, didnt see any, in fact, ammo was something they were lacking in.

Sorry! MUAHAHA!

I can assure you that they had some when I was there. Now a lot of it is sitting right here beside me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
dude, they carry BH blue box 55 grain and 68 grain there too.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

i'm stalking new Win Q3131 as well.  give me an IM if you se any out there.  anybody.

Oh yeah, the airsoft kid was named Cameron or something like that.  i was assured he no longer works there.  it is again safe to frequent yon indoor shooting establishment.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah, i forgot about the Black hills ammo they had, bought a blue box 55 gr there and haven't gotten the chance to shoot it yet.

The airsoft kid might have been the college freshman I mentioned... given that every other employee there carries real pistols, or at least is old enough to.

haha, I had airsoft (A para-ordanance clone, w00t) in my dorm freshmen year, and my hippie roommate got really, really upset. I ended trading roommates and infecting my new roommate with the gun nut disease, haha
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#12]
hmmmmmmm I bought a sealed can(940 rounds) of the Lake City M855 at Bullseye, I paid $220 or 230 for it, for what is was, I thought the price was OK.

they have the best price(by far) I have seen on MP5 Beta C mags, $240 for the kit($216 after discount)....... I bought one :)  

Sportco(in Fife) has TAP for .223(and 12gauge), forget what I paid, but it was less than Bullseye.

John

And about .223/5.56 ammo at The Marksman, only thing worth buying there I've noted is their TAP. The Bullseye used to have XM193, but they've all dried out, and now they only have ADCOM M855 (which has worked fine for me...) and way overpriced Lake City M855 in stripper clips. I believe it was $42 for 120 rounds of M855 in the bandoleer. Front line stuff or not, at 35 cents a pop (with membership discount)  it's ridiculous.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#13]
nice, we hijack a thread about the Marksman and turn it towards the dark side...

"hey everybody, go to The Bullseye!"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Marksman is great, nice folks blah blah blah, but just out of the way for me.

John

Quoted:
nice, we hijack a thread about the Marksman and turn it towards the dark side...

"hey everybody, go to The Bullseye!"

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up a nice Norinco M14 clone there for 650$ a while back. I noticed they were starting to get more AR goodies. Everytime I would go in I would ask about parts for AR's and they slowly started getting some. Too bad that I moved, I was about 3 miles from them then and right on the way home from work too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top