Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 8:36:44 PM EDT
Tried the search, but it only goes back 30 days and my membership hasn't been processed yet. I found the post with Range 15 on Lewis, and the link to the Tacoma rifle and revolver club.  Anything else in the area?  Ranges, or open areas? Maybe in Thurston County?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Gig Harbor Sportsmans Club
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Tacoma Sportsmen's Club.

Something like $70 / year membership, however non-members pay $5 per person per range to shoot.  Located on Canyon Road.  

www.packing.org/range/washington/range.php?range=910
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on tacoma sportsmans club
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You got Capitol Forest in Thurston Co, just outside of Olympia.

For an actual "range" there is capitol city rifle and pistol club in Littlerock.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
+1 on tacoma sportsmans club

I go there a frequently as well, the $5 range fee is a steal! However, it's more targetted towards elmer fudds. Whenever I go i usually hope somebody shows up with "evil-er" weapons or teenagers who blast away their AK clones, thus diverting negative attention away from me.

Meh. I might just get a Mauser for some bolt action range cred.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to hear that i'm not the only one to feel that way Gordon. Last time I was there you would have thought I had a disease. I had to wait 20 min. for them to stop shooting so I could put up my targets. I only have problems when I take my AR. Other than that, ok place to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:27:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I shoot @ TSC & have not been "discriminated against".

They don't like rapid fire, but ya know that up front,
, and beside, when I'm there, it's for punching holes in paper.

The guys on the line have been cool, and come over to see the EBR.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:58:18 AM EDT
[#8]
How about pits or open area's on the Gig Harbor side of the Narrows Bridge? even out into Port Orchard or Belfair......the range is fine and dandy.....but I would like an unregulated place to blast away :D

Use to be lots of good places around GH, but as POS dump garbage, cars and meth waste, most are locked down. I got a 40 acre piece out in the Key Pen and its in a legal shootin area......but I have no roads into it.......beacuase if I did shit would get dumped on it :( Maybe this spring I will take a dozer out and make some roads and a range area.....and put up a gate/chain.

I have had no issues with my black guns at the GH Sportmans club...even the old timers seem to get a kick out of my black guns :D  Took the SP89 to the pistol range yesterday.....the RO came over to see what 44 mag I was shootin........nope just a SP89 ;)  (I have had no issues with rapid fire....as long as I am aiming and hitting)

John
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
......the range is fine and dandy.....but I would like an unregulated place to blast away :D
John

That's pretty much what I'm looking for myself actually.  Right now I just want to get my AK (Ok it's a WASR) broken in and sort of sighted in.  And if I can make my goal of getting an AR by mid January (sort of a birthday present to myself).

ETA: Now I also want to try out my new Bushmaster M4 that I picked up on Thursday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top