Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 6:42:59 PM EDT
When playing "pretend clear the house", watch out that you don't bump into the wall.  This will cause a nice dent in the wall and will push the charging handle into your face and be quite uncomfortable.  The hole in the wall may cause your hippy to be unhappy because she JUST finished painting.

Class Dismissed
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, the other day I jabbed myself in the nuts with mine. I was worried you were severely injured.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hell, the other day I jabbed myself in the nuts with mine. I was worried you were severely injured.

You win.

Anyone else hurt yourself whilst handling your AR?

I once pulled the end of my "quick sinch" rifle strap and smashed the buttstock square into my jaw.  Easiest way to feel stupider while doing that is to be doing it while you are standing in your boxers, a Tshirt and socks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If you'll fix bayonets before playing "pretend clear the house" you'll avoid having the flash supressor ding the new paint on the walls.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Benelli's and hand grenades, the only way to clear a house

Once I went down prone wearing a tight 3-point sling under left arm. Just once.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have that problem for two reasons.

1.)  No Phantom flash hider on my AR.

2.)  In my house, there's no "clearing".  I go by the doctrine of "Recon by Fire".
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you'll fix bayonets before playing "pretend clear the house" you'll avoid having the flash supressor ding the new paint on the walls.

NO BAYONET HOLES IN MY WALLS!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There are a few in mine.     I'm sorry, kinda.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you hear that PCR?

Only put bayonet holes in your half of the walls.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When playing "pretend clear the house", watch out that you don't bump into the wall.  This will cause a nice dent in the wall and will push the charging handle into your face and be quite uncomfortable.  The hole in the wall may cause your hippy to be unhappy because she JUST finished painting.

Class Dismissed

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Class Dismissed

You are my hero.

-Rob
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is not really a hole....

More like a Laceration, or Puncture.

I have hurt myself in a really stupid way building one of my AR's once, but not after it was built.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Class Dismissed

I have done that.  (hit the wall with a phantom FS)
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#14]
The next step is to find a BFA for that, so you can do a blank-fire run.

Then, pile-up sandbags so you can do a live-fire.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#15]
what to get PCR for Christmas...

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Geeze, Hippy.....chill....

I got a pig sticker for your SKS if you want one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Try keeping the muzzle downward through threshholds and sweeping UP into the next room, oh whatever, I once shot a hole in the kitchen table with a .380 auto.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
what to get PCR for Christmas...

www.corex.ws/Products/sw026%20putty%20knife%20001.jpg

Don't forget the can of "orange peel texture" for the "I'm the only one here po-fessional nuff to carry this fotay" finishing touch!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys are reminding me the movie Mr and Mrs Smith.   That shootout in their house was hilarious.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#20]
i'm telling you, that putty knife can be attached to any standard bayonet lug...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:39:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Sheesh, PCR,  I thought you knew better than that.

First;
DON"T TELL your Hippy that ya stuck a hole in the wall.

Second;  
Hang one of her Photos over the hole.

Class Dismissed.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:46:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Stay off the walls, do not hug cover.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:38:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Sheesh, PCR,  I thought you knew better than that.

First;
DON"T TELL your Hippy that ya stuck a hole in the wall.

Second;  
Hang one of her Photos over the hole.

Class Dismissed.

I WASN'T PLAYING BY MYSELF!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Now only if there was a way to attach it (it is missing the mount)
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now only if there was a way to attach it (it is missing the mount)

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You win.

Anyone else hurt yourself whilst handling your AR?

I once pulled the end of my "quick sinch" rifle strap and smashed the buttstock square into my jaw.  Easiest way to feel stupider while doing that is to be doing it while you are standing in your boxers, a Tshirt and socks.

Well it wasn't an AR, but you saw the battle damage my toe took from an UZI.  Damn thing is still a little sore at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been fortunate with ARs and only have the occasional mashed thumb with the hammer cause I missed the punch. I can describe in great detail what it feels like to have an SP101 fall out of a smartcarry when your taking it off. That and the sound it makes bouncing across the floor. Wife said I screamed like a little girl. I had one of those yellow and purple bruises on my foot for a week. Hurts just thinking about it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top