Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 9:05:27 AM EDT
It seems everyone has some kind of Christmas tradition.  Things that must be done, watched, eaten, ETC every year around the holidays.  Some examples may be watching A Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out!), singing Christmas carols, or passing around that fruitcake.

Here is my submission.  This seems to make its way around the office every Christmas.  It winds up stuck in everyone's head for at least a day.  I'm sure everyone who has been on the internet for more than 5 minutes has already seen this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

So, on to the link!!

Ding fries are done!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have worked Christmas eve, and Christmas day for the last 12 years....

I guess that is my Tradition.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
This year I am off on Christmas Eve but I am working Chrismas Day.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I pretend I like all of my relatives.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
We always have Ham and scalloped potatoes (Grand-Dad's secret recipe) for dinner on Christmas eve.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I drag my wife out into the snow up in the hills and get a tree with me. This year I have a 20" fake tree she loves it so much.

Here in the big town of Olalla they have Santa drive his tractor down the street and hand out candy to all the kids. I can see that becoming a tradition starting a week from now.

My FIL makes his famous Jello that I have actually come to like after all these years. heh.

This crazy loon at the office hands out a metric assload of home made sweets and there is a sugar high through most of December.

Hell, I didn't realize I had so many traditions (or took part in someone elses) this time of year.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]
We always have Cornish Game Hens, a Ham, Scalloped-Mashed-Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Green Beans, Greens, Home Made Mac' & Cheese, Stuffing, Home Made Rolls & Bread and a lot more. So I guess the tradition is a huge feast.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This crazy loon at the office hands out a metric assload of home made sweets and there is a sugar high through most of December.

You love it and you know it.

The peanut butter balls have arrived and will be in the office tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Some kind of freshly baked pastry on Christmas morning.  It used to be Cinnabons but they got a little too popular and it was hard to get them fresh.  This year it will either be butterbraids or caramel rolls.  Haven't decided if we're going to do turkey or ham for dinner.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here in the big town of Olalla they have Santa drive his tractor down the street and hand out candy to all the kids. I can see that becoming a tradition starting a week from now.

Yep, if the kids see it once, it's a tradition! He's been doin' that for at least 30 years that I know of - 2nd or maybe 3rd generation by now.

Our daughter-in-law makes homemade tamales for Christmas Eve - she's already started this year's batch, Yum!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#11]
hoping to start some soon.  I think the only thing I remember as a tradition from my youth was cresants and coffee/hot chocolate for chirstmas morning, but that has been replaced by strawberry waffles ( a PCR household tradition).  Mostly it is just to spend time with the people I love.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We always have Cornish Game Hens, a Ham, Scalloped-Mashed-Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Green Beans, Greens, Home Made Mac' & Cheese, Stuffing, Home Made Rolls & Bread and a lot more. So I guess the tradition is a huge feast.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
hoping to start some soon.  I think the only thing I remember as a tradition from my youth was cresants and coffee/hot chocolate for chirstmas morning, but that has been replaced by strawberry waffles ( a PCR household tradition).  Mostly it is just to spend time with the people I love.

Well I have to be at work around 0500 that day, so should I show up around 0200 for breakfast?

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I like to get drunk.........

CHRISTMAS traditions were asked for, not daily routines.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Bob River's Twisted Christmas tunes.  I can't even listen to the "real version" anymore without hearing the "twisted version" in my head.
www.bobrivers.com/audiovault/tunes/xmastunes.asp

"Chipmunks roasting on an open fire."
"Walking 'round in women's underwear."
"Didn't I get this last year?"
"Teddy the Red Nosed Senator"  <---- Teddy Kennedy folks!
"Police Stop my car!"
And many, many more "classics"!!  Can you figure out the original tune?

Otherwise, we always make "German Rouladen" for Christmas Eve dinner.  I don't use this recipe necessarily, but it gives you an idea:  beef.allrecipes.com/az/GrmnRldn.asp  Nothing like BEEF stuffed with BACON!!  Mmm, mmm tasty!  If you ask the Meat Cutter at Safeway (they aren't "butchers" in my book!) to cut "Top Round for Rouladen as thin as you can" they'll generally know exactly what you want.

With two daughters (2 1/2 yrs and 5 wks) I'd like to start some fun traditions.  I'm thinking a "new gun for daddy at Christmas" has a nice ring to it......  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
the wife makes hot chocolate from scratch.  it has enough sugar to wake a corpse.

then i go back to drinking egg nog with E&J in it... until i run out of egg nog.  i somehow never seem to run out of E&J though.  thank god.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I like to get drunk.........

I tried that last year.  I started somewhere around early December, peaked around Christmas/New Years, and then finally started winding down around March.

When I think of all the ammo I could have bought with the money I spent on Crown...  It's not worth it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005U0HD.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

lol, close! Switch the two around and you got it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I steal an xmas tree.

I steal 3.  Mine, Moms, and one for Grandpa.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Full battle rattle and on watch during holidays.

Mark 13-33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top