Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2005 9:06:57 PM EDT
I figured I'd post it over here too.    Phoenix Armory in Oregon City has a bunch of white, red, green, yellow, smoke grenades.    These are ALS brand grenades.   Normally these are restricted but since he is not an ALS dealer he can sell to anybody.   I think they are running about $35ish.     He also has the mini smoke grenades for less.  ( cant remember exactly)  

I walked out with his last CS grenade for $47  ( I've seen them on the EE for $70 )  

Do a search on the EE for grenades and see what they go for !
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They are pretty cool, but more for marking than concealment/evasion.  I ordered 27 of the smokes (colored and CS) from the EE ($35 colors, $50 CS) as a mini-group buy for some locals, and just ordered another 21 more from the same guy.

In a room though, they'd fill it in a hurry......

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#2]
What kind of volume of smoke do they put out?   I was considering buying one or two of the smokes.    I dont want a fire call or search and rescue to come though.   I imagine yellow smoke would be the least likely to attract undue attention?   I would pop it on private property in eastern OR.  

I guess for individual unit pricing he's right on the mark for a decent price.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Would this guy have been at the last show in Puyallup? One of the vendors had a stack of (German?) orange smoke grenades which seemed interesting. They were on the biggish side but I was feeling cheap that day and passed on them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What kind of volume of smoke do they put out?   I was considering buying one or two of the smokes.    I dont want a fire call or search and rescue to come though.   I imagine yellow smoke would be the least likely to attract undue attention?   I would pop it on private property in eastern OR.  

I guess for individual unit pricing he's right on the mark for a decent price.  

His prices are pretty good.  I'm paying the same price (but mine includes shipping.)  Anyway....

As for the volume of smoke, they burn for about 35 to 40 seconds, and it is rather energetic.  I set one off outside under somewhat windy conditions, so it blew around pretty quick.  In less windy conditions, it may have produced a bigger plume.  

As for the colors, I'd say that white or yellow would most likely attract the attention of fire observers if you are in the forest (resemblance to smoke from forest fires.)  Real hard to say.  Of the other colors, I think only orange is considered a "distress" color (maritime anyway) so maybe avoid setting one of those off casually.  Again, there would have to be somebody in position to witness it and react to it.  Not very likely.  Of the remaining colors (green, violet, red) I wouldn't worry too much about those.  The CS ones are white smoke only I believe.  I personally wouldn't worry too much about it, but just use some common sense.  

I bet they'd be a hoot at shoot though....

These do pose a fire danger, so don't throw them in dry grass.  They also get very, very hot, so don't hold them in your hands.  The fuze is about 1 sec or less, don't cook them off at all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's more, current 2005 production

Did I read somewhere that a bunch of people screwed you on a group buy?  As in, they said they wanted some then backed out?  That sucks.....

I cooked off a greeny at the Robe shoot.  The look on some peoples' faces were CLASSIC!

Frag out!

I just picked up some "smoke candles" to try and make 40mm projectiles out of.  They have a 5 second canon fuse, and burn for 3 minutes producing 40,000 CF of smoke!  HOLY CRAP!  To top it off, they were barely over $8 each with shipping....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top