Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 4:51:42 PM EDT
After looking at the state info I'm still a bit unclear as to where I go to apply for my permit, city or county? I'm in Marysville, do I go to the local PD and ask there or to the Snohomish Sheriff's office in Everett.  I just got a XD 9 Service model and think it's time to start carrying it around. Is this a good carry gun or should I go with my S&W mdl 66 or an 11 1/2"  barrel AR pistol
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Here in Lacey I went to the PD. Try giving them a call and see if it is them or the SO. I've heard that some places only do it on certain days and or times, so a call may be in order to figure out when they do it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
After looking at the state info I'm still a bit unclear as to where I go to apply for my permit, city or county? I'm in Marysville, do I go to the local PD and ask there or to the Snohomish Sheriff's office in Everett.  I just got a XD 9 Service model and think it's time to start carrying it around. Is this a good carry gun or should I go with my S&W mdl 66 or an 11 1/2"  barrel AR pistol

You can go to either one.

If you're comfortable with your XD9 then it's just fine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to Sheriff's office in County courthouse. For permits the office is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 0830 to 1700 hours. More info here.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
It'll work fine for carry, as will almost any quality, reliable gun that's not enormous. If you live within the city limits you go to the PD, if you do not live within city limits go to the SD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
If your in the county the Sno county Sheriff is the best. They are only "open" to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You fill out a couple of forms, get printed, pay your $60 and your good to go. They still did not take credit cards last I heard. The XD carries very nicely. I use a Don Hume PCCH and conceal very well with just a T-shirt. At the time it was one of the few holsters available for the XD.  The selection is much better these days.  Be prepared to buy more than one before your happy. The thing about a "box full of holsters" is true for the most part.

You will find it necessary to adapt your wardrobe some. I can get by with an XL shirt but buy everything XXL now. Likewise my pants now are 2" bigger in the waist.

ETA: Tumbleweed types faster than I do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool, so I'll call the M-ville PD manana and have the SnoCo folks as a back up. Thanks guys!

ETA: XD_Fan types faster than me! The XD is my choice for CC, my other options are more bedside companions. I have a Blackhawk I like but might look into a good Bianchi armpit set-up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cool, so I'll call the M-ville PD manana and have the SnoCo folks as a back up. Thanks guys!

ETA: XD_Fan types faster than me! The XD is my choice for CC, my other options are more bedside companions. I have a Blackhawk I like but might look into a good Bianchi armpit set-up.

If you go to Sno County you might find my wife's signature on the back of your CPL.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you go to Sno County you might find my wife's signature on the back of your CPL.  

......er Gibby, please tell me...is Sheriff Bart your wife?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Here in King County you can go to your local precinct or downtown to the county court house and offices. I will say it is quicker downtown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top