Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 7:28:56 PM EDT
Got this in the mail on Monday.  UPS guy gave me a funny look...long package...21 or older...must sign...? HUH.  $149.95.

He comes at least once a week anymore.

Try and tell me aimsurplus didn't send me a fantastic M59 Yugo piece:

-Rob
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have looked at you funny too, considering your 110VAC outlets are upside-down.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah..I'd like to take credit for that one
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would have looked at you funny too, considering your 110VAC outlets are upside-down.

If you think that's bad, you should see the landlord's idea of how to fence in a yard.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats a nice one. Is that a select???
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thats a nice one. Is that a select???

Yeah, they wanted $10 extra for the hand select but I'm thinking *maybe* that was a waste of money. I don't see it up for sale on their website anymore.  I also would suggest militarygunsupply.com.  I had to pick up a few extra things that only aimsurplus had otherwise I think maybe I would've gone with them.

-Rob
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my M59/66 "in trade"* for a year-and-a-half old 2.something megapixel Kodak camera that I bought on clearance at Target for $129.99.

*Brother-in-law "borrowed" said camera, and I haven't seen him in over a year.  His M59/66 was left in my safe, so. . .
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a pretty straight shooter for an SKS.

Do you find the grenade attachment to be a bit cumbersome?

Their website:  www.militarygunsupply.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=CRYU59
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do you find the grenade attachment to be a bit cumbersome?

Think of it as a bigger-than-usual muzzle device (e.g. flash suppressor or muzzle brake).  I see no difference.  I like the grenade launcher simply because it makes Patty Murray, Maria Cantwell, Barbara Boxer, Charles Schumer and the like cry.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I got all excited when I heard that BIG 5 was selling them at their outlet stores so I sped up to the nearest one here on the westide of olympia and was extremely disappointed.  The danged gun had about 30% finish and they wanted $169 for it.  No thanks.  Plus a communist had carved things into the buttstock.  Eh.  

And I thought the gigantic stabbing instrument affixed to the end was enough for them to lose sleep over
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I've fired a few SKSs and fondled even more, but I think you'll agree that the Yugos are the prettiest and most well-made SKSs out there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
It kinda  clashes with the yellow paint, but...NICE RIFLE!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've fired a few SKSs and fondled even more, but I think you'll agree that the Yugos are the prettiest and most well-made SKSs out there.

Without question.  My last one was a pre-89 Norinco.  It was a nice...well actually let me see if I can find a few pictures of it...

Regardless.  Out of the box this Yugo of mine was far more accurate with less play in the parts.  

Quoted:
It kinda  clashes with the yellow paint, but...NICE RIFLE!

Yellow. Yeah I'm not feelin' it either.

::EDIT::
This is the rifle when I purchased it with the Commie laquer finish (whatever it was):

This was after I refinished the stock:

-Rob
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice looking rifles man. I don't know why but I just haven't ever made it a priority to pick up any comblock weapons but I really think I need to change that.

Can't beat that price except maybe the roll your own's out there...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#14]
A properly diameter, approx. 4'' long piece of wooden dowel, a "pre-ban" lawndart, some epoxy and 7.62x39mm blanks would make the 59/66's nade launcher much more feasable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice looking Yugo!..

The Norinco with the AK mag. is not doing anything for me, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#16]
The Norinco I no longer have...plus, as every SKS owner knows, that magazine was worthless.  It Jammed all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top