Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 7:37:09 AM EDT
Okay, I got an e-mail the other day from a soldiers wife.  She wants to get some local army wives together to do a photo shoot to get some pictures for their husbands and maybe a little stress release and fun for themselves.  They want to do Boudoire style pics and will also need to find someone (or some people) to help them with hair and make up and all that jazz.  Well, since I am not the girly girl type, I have no idea where they can find this kind of help.  

Does any one know how to do this kind of hair and make-up or know of someone I can suggest to her?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't worn makeup in years so I'm no help, but I just want to say that's awesome!

Bravo ladies on taking care of our boys!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I got the e-mail and was like of course I will help.  I just want to help her pull the whole thing together.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Now what about our girls deployed around the world?

Are their men going to get together and do some chippendale poses?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I would contact a local full-service salon (Gene Juarez or something of that nature).  If they can't/won't do it, they should be able to tell you who could.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an airbrush will that help . . .

But have you asked any of these ladies if any of them do: " Boudoire style hair and make up and all that jazz."???
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#6]
What a cool thing to do!
RS_C might have the right idea. Maybe they'd have fun doing each other's hair and makeup.
Or, maybe a salon would give them a group discount? I bet, if they tell the ladies working at the salon what they're wanting to do, not only would they get encouragement but also all kinds of ideas.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Im sure we can get Jafo or CavVet in here to give you the info you need hippy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Though I used to cut an ex g/f's hair all the time I'm afraid I would rather she would have kept it straight and flat. Of course, it was her hair so big and poofy it was. Of course, 13 years later it's straight, flat, and not bad at all, but she's picked up more baggage along the way.

I'm afraid I can be of no help...  unless of course they want someone to sift through the photos to help choose the 'keepers'.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have an airbrush will that help . . .

But have you asked any of these ladies if any of them do: " Boudoire style hair and make up and all that jazz."???

Haven't met any of them.  I just got the first e-mail yesterday, and she e-mailed me back this morning asking if I knew anyone who did hair and make up.  Since I don't, I figured I would poll the hive mind.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a friend who would probably help them if they buy the products, if they are interested I'll have her contact you. Just let me know what they think   CC
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]
If you need an assistant, sign me up!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Im only good at pulling hair and smearing makeup. If that helps, shoot me some pics and I will see what my schedule looksl like.

Free Bump.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#15]
get a movie camera and we can have an LCR JACKASS shoot for the guys oversees

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Awe, Hippy, I wish I was there to help out.  I make costumes.  I can do some theatrical make-up stuff too.... oh well.  I suck    
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
must not post must not post

post away
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#20]
My 'Girlfriend between Wives' loved it when I gave her a pedicure...pretty feet have a profound effect on Men.
I volunteer my services for this specialty.

Did I mention I used to do the 'shave prep' when I worked at the hospital...?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top