Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
that is cool.  I think they should put some more color into him though.  Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Even though it's a cool paint job it''s a stupid waste of money. The whole idea of it was to get people to eat more fish. Especially salmon from Alaska. How many people are going to see that airplane let alone the paint job? How many people after seeing that paint job will say to the missus, "honey I think I'll go to the store and buy a salmon!" Cool paint job but from a marketing standpoint I think it will turn out to be a failure.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember what Tom Delay said, the Republicans have reduced the budget to the point there's no fat left to cut....
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#6]

The federally funded Alaska Fisheries Marketing Board paid for the rest of the roughly $300,000 project, said Bill Hines, the board's executive director.

Holy shit. That is the most absurd governmental expenditure that I've read about today. Damned thieves won't even spend the money on something they can attempt to justify.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Even though it's a cool paint job it''s a stupid waste of money. The whole idea of it was to get people to eat more fish. Especially salmon from Alaska. How many people are going to see that airplane let alone the paint job? How many people after seeing that paint job will say to the missus, "honey I think I'll go to the store and buy a salmon!" Cool paint job but from a marketing standpoint I think it will turn out to be a failure.

You'd be surprised on how many people will see it.  Most Alaska Airplanes are loaded from the ground so most people see the sides of their plane when they fly in it.  

Do you remember Hughes Air Wests Flying Bananas?  I loved those when I was a kid.  I couldn't wait to fly in the flying bananas.  Its a cheap gemmich - the plane needed painted anyway, probably donated by the salmon farmers in Alaska.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Very cool paint job!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You'd be surprised on how many people will see it.  Most Alaska Airplanes are loaded from the ground so most people see the sides of their plane when they fly in it.  

Do you remember Hughes Air Wests Flying Bananas?  I loved those when I was a kid.  I couldn't wait to fly in the flying bananas.  Its a cheap gemmich - the plane needed painted anyway, probably donated by the salmon farmers in Alaska.

Patty

...but did the paint job give you a subliminal message to go out and buy a bunch of bananas?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Where are the rest loaded?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:12:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The plane already needed a new paint job, and Alaska Airlines covered about $75,000 of the tab, company spokeswoman Amanda Tobin said.

The federally funded Alaska Fisheries Marketing Board paid for the rest of the roughly $300,000 project, said Bill Hines, the board's executive director.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Mummm Salmon.

Think I'll head down to the Fish Market today. Been thinking about making a trip, and this cinched the deal. Got a new recipe for smoking on the pit, and some fresh fruits and veggies will be nice too. Pike Place is one of my favorite spots in Seattle. Wonder if I can find some pickled asparagus?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

from those sky walks?  And no, the big flying banana's didn't make me want to rush out and buy bananas, I was only 9 at the time!

Patty
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

from those sky walks?  And no, the big flying banana's didn't make me want to rush out and buy bananas, I was only 9 at the time!

Patty

They had airplanes back then?

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:32:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Patty

They had airplanes back then?

Where did I leave my paddle?  The heck with a paddle, you asked for it Mister!

Patty
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I had salmon for lunch right after seeing this.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Where did I leave my paddle?

The PADDLE  ?

oooooh,  

Promise?

I've been a bad boy,,  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#19]
You know you've lost when they ask to be spanked!  Patty
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Cool.

Ditto!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Wednesday, October 5, 2005 - Page updated at 11:24 AM

Danny Westneat
SNIP

If it pisses him off, then I LIKE it!  I LIKE it a lot!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top