ARRRGGGG!  He be owned!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Posts Per Day ::

Last Login Date ::
2/10/2005 9:49:25 AM PDT

Last Post Date ::
2/10/2005 4:07:04 AM PDT

Anybody remmember this guy that is active duty Airforce that was willing to open up on American Civilians...

Said he would not be coming back.....

Anybody remmember what that topic was that got him all bent out of shape?..I need to hit the Archives...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Chairborne... not his finest moment.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Chairborne... not his finest moment.

I wonder if he has changed his thinking now that he is in a far off land, and seeing things in a different light....Kinda hope so, other than that little fiasco he seem'd alright..

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe he is finally realizing how much money he threw down the toilet
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Im willing to bet that he is not losing that much...

Just not making as much money as he could have made...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those national sales are keeping it afloat then eh?  

In the face of these legitimate AR15 dealers and partners?
$89 (shipped!) Mega Lowers

$99 (shipped!) Rock River Lowers

$105 (shipped) [will matchothers prices too] Rock River Lowers

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I met about 60 AR enthusiasts last weekend that spend LOTS of money on gun stuff every year, I also met about 60 AR enthusiasts that won't be spending money with him. The real question is, How much money does 60 AR enthusiasts spend in a year?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Show me where I said that?

What I mean is, He is such small change in the picture that I dont see him losing that much, I have bought 2 lowers and 3 mag's for 9mm from him. I can only think of one person in this forum that has spent in the thousands of dollars range with him...

He sells lower receivers, I dont know to many in here that even own a SNS lower, and even fewer that own more than 1...

His price for a built up rifle?, well Most of us in here can build our own anyway, and can build better quality than a Olympic upper on a SNS lower, so that is not a issue...Not to many people will be buying complete rifles that are in the know...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The real question is, How much money does 60 AR enthusiasts spend in a year?

Your point is good, but you should reword your question..

How much money does 60 AR enthusiasts spend locally on products that ~D~ sells?...

I hardly think that more than 1/3 of that 60 you met with last weekend builds their own rifle.

Example, I have 9 AR-15's. One is a Factory Colt, 6 MEGA's and the other 2, the guy that is local and saved me a hour drive and the wait time till the next show...I have built 8 of my rifles very few of us in here (but more than most) even build our own stuff...Even fewer of us build more than 1 or 2 of these type of rifles anyway...

Unless you build your own, why would you be buying a lower from ~D~ or Clinton, or anyone at all?...

Really, Lower receivers are prob some of the cheaper parts of the AR-15 system, You spend more money on 600 rds of ammo anymore...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show me where I said that?

No one said that you did say that.  With the rest of your post expanding on your initial post I see where you were headed with your thinking though and I'll expand on mine so you can see where I was coming from.

His statement was "this recent controversy has actually boosted his national sales tremendously in the last week....he's low on lowers right now because of it."with the implication being "I'm making a butt load of money nationally so I don't need you local people"
Link  Of course it was said in that mentally unstable third person way that we've become familiar with.

I can only think of one person in this forum that has spent in the thousands of dollars range with him...

How many can you think of that have spent that much on parts and pieces that he does sell, but have gotten them from other sources who haven't shat upon them instead?  I'm a small fry on my spending here but my math shows $710 (probably more) worth of stuff (all items on his price sheet) that came from other sources this year that could have come from a "local guy" instead.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The real question is, How much money does 60 AR enthusiasts spend in a year?

Your point is good, but you should reword your question..

How much money does 60 AR enthusiasts spend locally on products that ~D~ sells?...

I hardly think that more than 1/3 of that 60 you met with last weekend builds their own rifle.

Example, I have 9 AR-15's. One is a Factory Colt, 6 MEGA's and the other 2, the guy that is local and saved me a hour drive and the wait time till the next show...I have built 8 of my rifles very few of us in here (but more than most) even build our own stuff...

Unless you build your own, why would you be buying a lower from ~D~ or Clinton, or anyone at all?...

Targets?

I prefer to spend my money locally when possible, I know there are several others that are the same way. Clinton is closer to me anyways so I probably never would have bought a lower from squiggles, but I was looking real hard at the sten mag blocks he makes.

Don't forget about the Team wa lowers thread Technik has going. How many lowers have people commited to buy? A majority of the 60 poeple at the last shoot are willing to buy atleast one of those.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I prefer to spend my money locally when possible, I know there are several others that are the same way. Clinton is closer to me anyways so I probably never would have bought a lower from squiggles,

There ya go...

I gotta get to work, would love to stay and play, will catch the rest of this after work...

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
A majority of the 60 poeple at the last shoot are willing to buy atleast one of those.

And then if each of us spends an average of $650 to build those lowers, that is about $40,000.oo dollars not counting the $6+thousand spent on the lowers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I prefer to spend my money locally when possible, I know there are several others that are the same way. Clinton is closer to me anyways so I probably never would have bought a lower from squiggles, [/quotes]

There ya go...

I gotta get to work, would love to stay and play, will catch the rest of this after work...

You didn't finish the quote........

but I was looking real hard at the sten mag blocks he makes.

I was going to buy stuff from him, even though he isn't just right down the road. And if I had liked them I'd have told others that have an Oly system 9mm AR. They may have bought one, then told their friends, etc, etc.....

IMO he lost a huge local customer base that likes to spend money on toys
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How many can you think of that have spent that much on parts and pieces that he does sell, but have gotten them from other sources who haven't shat upon them instead?  I'm a small fry on my spending here but my math shows $710 (probably more) worth of stuff (all items on his price sheet) that came from other sources this year that could have come from a "local guy" instead.

Good point, I honestly would not have bought those parts from him myself, Im not a fan of Oly for anything other than the real small odd's and ends (springs and stuff) I get my stuff from Bushmaster or Colt, or even better if I can find what Im looking for....the EE
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It was not ment at a bad thing, or to misquote you. My point being is that people that do not know of the "local contrivery" (my spelling sux) are going to goto the local guy...I know that I have sent 3 guys that are not on the board his way just from word of mouth. They were customers at the local barbor shop that I get my hair buzz'd at...They saw 3 of my rifles that I brought in to show off to Bob (the owner and gun nut also) They saw the MEGA, the SNS, and the Colt...since ~ was local they checked him out and made buy's....(So the quote you made is the point).

The rest of your Quote is VERY valid also.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Good point, I honestly would not have bought those parts from him myself, Im not a fan of Oly for anything other than the real small odd's and ends (springs and stuff) I get my stuff from Bushmaster or Colt, or even better if I can find what Im looking for....the EE

I honestly would have spent as much with him as I do with all the other guys. I am feeling bad that I havent spent anything with Teknic since he started. Non-buyers remorse?? (MY EBR department is kinda full right now, but I have bought 2 more AR's in 2005)

Seems like he does a lot of the rifle caliber upper stuff, and that is where he could have made his money 10 times over from me, as that is next on my EBR list. My gun budget is too damn much per year, and I spend as much at the brick and mortar stores as I spend in the EE as I spend with the locals from here. I will be buying a few more lowers before Christmas, guess who they wont come from.

Where someone like me is a real asset, or in this case a major liability, is from the dozens and dozens of shooters I talk to. Last week a lefty at work told me he wanted a rifle to go on a hunt with his brother. I sent him to Bens, he bought a rifle. And a scope. And ammo. We have guys at work who are getting into AR stuff??  Where would I send a non-WAC guy in Seattle? I know where I wont send them.

Quoted:

I bet more of the people in here have built there own than not.

I smell a poll and thread coming along anytime now.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was not ment at a bad thing, or to misquote you. My point being is that people that do not know of the "local contrivery" (my spelling sux) are going to goto the local guy...I know that I have sent 3 guys that are not on the board his way just from word of mouth. They were customers at the local barbor shop that I get my hair buzz'd at...They saw 3 of my rifles that I brought in to show off to Bob (the owner and gun nut also) They saw the MEGA, the SNS, and the Colt...since ~ was local they checked him out and made buy's....(So the quote you made is the point).

The rest of your Quote is VERY valid also.

I think I misunderstood your point at first, but I got it now.

Either way, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Either way, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!......

back atcha.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I honestly would have spent as much with him as I do with all the other guys.

I honestly have no doubt that you would have...

I am feeling bad that I havent spent anything with Teknic since he started. Non-buyers remorse??

I was thinking about that very thing last week...I will get with him soon for something..

Quoted:

Originally Posted by Concert truck driver:

I would hope the number is higher, and Im looking forward to the poll...

Edited to correct my spelling of Poll from Pole..
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By The Telemarketer:

I would hope the number is higher, and Im looking forward to the pole...

I think we all know which pole you want. [/)]

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Apparently it's the squiggly one ~.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

So my spelling sux...

anyway I still look forward to how the POLL turns out.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What have I posted in this thread that would make you think that?...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What have I posted in this thread that would make you think that?...

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess I dont get it....When was the last thread you saw me sticking up for him?..

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

who wants to learn? come out to the housewarming

If you are handing out free parts kits, Im sooooooooo there...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:19:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
heh, we all know you're 1GRs troll account.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#34]

(1Gunrunner is in this picture with his girlfriend....)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top