Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 7:18:53 AM EDT
My dad bought a shotgun from them(the one near Hawks prairie) last Saturday, they called in the NICS check, wrote down some numbers and then told him they  put a delay on it, then told him it would be 3 days "cause they never call back". I told him to stop in on Sunday and check on it and ask them to call, the Assistant manager told him "NICS never calls back, and it won't do any good to call because they don't do anything and Sundays or  count them on delays". They told him He could come pick it up on Wednesday, thats 5 days by my fingers.  Does Big 5 have a store policy to pull this crap on everyone, like a corperate imposed waiting period for everyone? It sounds like either they are realy stupid or are screwing everyone around, when He was in there waiting another guy told him that this crap always happens there, to go down to cash and carry #@$$&'s. Just wondering, I know they won't sell any evil assault rifles or pistols or anything to me for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Normally calling NICS back is a waste of time. They are(or used to be) pretty good at calling back when the check is completed. I called them hundreds of times before they called my store back and never had them approve anyone.

The waiting days, according to the fed law, is a day starting at 12:01 am on days that state offices are open. In other words weekends don't count. Although I have had them call back and approve people on the weekends.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I have bought a couple of guns from Big 5 in Kalicommifornicatistan, never been delayed by the instacheck (of course there's the Ca waiting period) and I have bought a couple from Big 5 here in Washington, never been delayed.

Did he use his SSN?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the trick is to buy one every 89 days or less.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually buy my guns from children at their sidewalk "gun stands", Toys R Us, Walgreens, Safeway and wherever else VPC says I buy my evil impliments of death.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a plan, JS. I'm going to go to Walgreen's (only like 3min away) and ask for a few hundred boxes of sudafed and a Barret M82A1 and see what they say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top