Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 8:09:37 PM EDT
There will be a preparedness event in Seattle in the end of October.

www.preparedness-areyouready.com/

Anybody planning to go?  

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going, but I'm not expecting too much out of it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Browsing the website makes me think they will try to sell some stuff from the exhibitors.    But, as the event is free it does not hurt, and there may be some new ideas.
Are you planning to go on Friday?  Maybe we can meet somewhere over there and have a beer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
After reviewing the vendor list, I don't think it will be that informative/interesting. C'mon... Safeway and the Humane Society?

I can get better ideas and equipment at the gun show.

I mean no offense to you Rossi, just MHO.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Do you think they would appreciate a well regulated militia showing up in full battle gear ? because thats the only way to prepare correctly !
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:11:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do you think they would appreciate a well regulated militia showing up in full battle gear ? because thats the only way to prepare correctly !

Libtard Brodeur had a column in the Times last week about being prepared for survival, everything you would expect a soccer mom to prepare with. No weapons mentioned.

I gave her a phone call and left a message asking, "Exactly how long is an unarmed person capable of maintaining their survival stash before Darwin kicks in and they lose it to a predator".  I know it went over her head, but I still hold onto a glimmer of hope.

You guys forward your reports, I will spend my time watching infomercials on get rich quick schemes. While I dont pretend to have half the answers on survival, the libtards dont have a clue on life, let alone survival. If this were true preparedness, there would be at least one firearms dealer and pallets of ammo samples.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hell, I'd go just to see the pandemonium that would cause.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone that has even half of a clue, would not need to waste their time on this wast of tax dollars event.

Most people dont even have a plan on what they will do if their house is on fire, what the hell would make anyone think something even bigger would get people thinking.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Most people dont even have a plan on what they will do if their house is on fire, what the hell would make anyone think something even bigger would get people thinking.

People do what they are taught or ape what they see on TV which has always had the same message, call 911 call 911 somebody call 911 then in a panic and unintelligible babling shriek have a emotional breakdown.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if there'll be a booth on how to deal with roving gangs of rapists/murderers.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wonder if there'll be a booth on how to deal with roving gangs of rapists/murderers.  

"They" are the one's holding the event !
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People do what they are taught or ape what they see on TV which has always had the same message, call 911 call 911 somebody call 911 then in a panic and unintelligible babling shriek have a emotional breakdown.

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad but true.

You two clowns have just piss'd me off.

I have to be at work in a a little over a hour, and I have 12 hours of phones today.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad but true.

I have to be at work in a a little over a hour, and I have 12 hours of phones today.

Are you inferring you want us all to call 911 and say "HI"??
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad but true.

Are you inferring you want us all to call 911 and say "HI"??

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad but true.

Man, Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys...  this may not be a "full scale" disaster preparation including "fight for survival" plans.   However, it's free (that is; we paid with our tax dollars) and there will likely be some interesting ideas there.   Well... that's my personal motto that nobody know so much that they do not have anything to learn.   But that's me.  

Anyways... always a good excuse to meet and have a couple beers later.    

Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Apparently, the City of Seattle is planning to spend $2 million dollars next fiscal year so see that city employees get "Disaster Training".

Do they really need the additional training?

As far as I can tell, as things stand, they're doing a great job as it is.

-Frank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top