Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 11:47:13 PM EDT
The_End has accomplished a successful scout of a good location for an Eastside Shoot. The location is in the Spokane area, out past 9 Mile Falls on Hwy 291. (The location itself is actually in Stevens Co., on Jergens Rd.

I'm proposing the dates for the shoot to be Oct 21-23. I could link up with anyone who cares to on Fri afternoon in the parking lot of the Burger King at the Five Mile shopping center, adjacent to Ash St and W. Francis Ave.

I wouldn't recommend leaving a car there overnight, but there is a location closer to the shoot which I'd say will do just fine.

Who's up for this?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Where were you this past weekend???

And we know the road from Spokane wasnt blocked.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds great, Matt! We're up for it.

If Skeeter's home, we'll camp. If he's not, the kids and I will day-trip it, for sure.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hunting season is upon us.

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

That is the one thing I would sell out my own mother not to miss.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
dude,

we asked for an "east side" shoot, not one in Idahomer. thar's a lot of land tween the hills and the state line.

might be able to make it if I can hire a guy for my weekend days.

Uhhhh, yeah. I notice that every time I have make a trip to Moses Hole or the Coast. One thing is "fer shure", the location definetly makes it an "Eastside shoot".
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's fine, and I understand- We here on the Eastside won't disparage anyone for not driving over here to shoot/meet&greet...unlike "other" geographically centered WARFCOMmers. No big deal, there'll be other shoots, provided this works out OK.

I'll go as far to say that we won't even consider printing up t-shirts over being butt-hurt about the lack of attendance.

CavVet- Household six came up with a litany of reasons for my presence to be required at home, she even made a fairly convincing arguement, which culminated with the fact I now have a kitchen pass allowing me to attend the next LCR of my choosing. Sometimes you have give to get.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Matt,

Is this location accessable by non-four wheel vehicles? Also, how long is the range? Thanks for doing the scouting!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Invited some folks who blew it off at the last moment. Ah well. Did some chores long over due. Looking forward to some long distance shoots though. The dry side might be fun now that the weather's cooler, huh?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I would most likely be able to day trip it or possible stay one night as the 21st is my youngist boys'  birthday.  i still don't know what my days off will be with the new shift.  If this happens I have an unopened case of tannerite!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Matt,

Is this location accessable by non-four wheel vehicles? Also, how long is the range? Thanks for doing the scouting! hr

Non-four wheel drive vehicles, yes.  I wouldn't take a bike on it though.  The dirt roads are pretty banged up but as long as you're not trying to take a lowered sport compact, any mid-sized car and up should be fine at low speeds.

The only range I shot at was 100meters and marked off but I'm going back tomorrow if I can't find anything better to do with my afternoon and I'll scout out some long range stuff.  Maybe Matt knows of something already.

Lee
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
dude,

we asked for an "east side" shoot, not one in Idahomer. thar's a lot of land tween the hills and the state line.

might be able to make it if I can hire a guy for my weekend days.

You know how that boy thinks, if it's not within piss length distance of the Idaho state line in Matts "mind" it's the coast.

I now have a kitchen pass allowing me to attend the next LCR of my choosing.

I make no promises that the LCR you choose to attend will be as packed with hilarity and drama as this one was.  Of course it may rain all over you too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You know how that boy thinks, if it's not within piss length distance of the Idaho state line in Matts "mind" it's the coast..

BS! get your facts straight. Anything West of Moses Hole starts to reek of saltwater to me.

I now have a kitchen pass allowing me to attend the next LCR of my choosing.

I make no promises that the LCR you choose to attend will be as packed with hilarity and drama as this one was.  Of course it may rain all over you too.

I expect niether hilarity nor clear skies. As far as I'm concerned you're not really on the coast unless it's raining. 'Sides that, some of you dudes behind enemy lines are waaaaaaaaay to serious.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:'Sides that, some of you dudes behind enemy lines are waaaaaaaaay to serious.

and stealthy enough to get within arms length without you knowing it.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:'Sides that, some of you dudes behind enemy lines are waaaaaaaaay to serious.

Yeah, you're such a sneaky blagger.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Nov 4-6 wouldn't work all that great.  There's a gun show on the 5-6.  Plus my son's first birthday is on the 5th :D
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you're such a sneaky blagger.

Good enough to sneak up on you though eh?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#21]
tag.....I would love to attend but its getting rough with hunting season starting next week end.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Oct 28-30 is Holloween weekend. I try not to tempt fate by leaving the house empty around holloween.

Nov 4-6 is the Spokane gun show. I got Christmas presents to buy there.

Otherwise, I'm eas... er, could probably make any other weekend.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Is Will Parks associated with this shoot.?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#25]
OdT- Thanks, look for IM.

OK, Oct 28-30, Halloween is out for me too (I thought it was the 27th or some nonsense, and I do have two little ones I've never taken trick or treating...)
Nov 4-6...Drill weekend.
Nov 11-13....I ain't got no crysteel ball...I'm sure there's some malfunction with that too.

Looks like I'm reduced to Oct 21-23, or sometime after Jan 1.

To narrow this thing down even further-I'm down for a day shoot, which would mean we'd restrict ourselves to actual firearms handling and BS'ing...ya'know, a full day sans the excessive Westside noctornal alcohol consumption.

Pleiku- Will Parks, Sorry don't know him. What you see here is the roll so far...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Suggestion...  just pick a day and post it. Some will make it, some will not, but it seems to be the best way to get it rolling. Since this is the 'first' one, it probably won't be all that gigantic anyway. Have some good times, post about it, post pics, and the next will be bigger 'n better.

Just a suggestion.

PS - Why the hell did you put Nov 4th on there if you know it's drill weekend? Don't be crazy man!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Matt,

Yeah I'm still around but don't get on here much.

After you guys pick a date let me know and I'll see if I can make it.

Have a match in Ephrata on Nov.5th

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Matt,
Yeah I'm still around but don't get on here much.
After you guys pick a date let me know and I'll see if I can make it.
Have a match in Ephrata on Nov.5th

Excellent, I was going to call you once we had a date lined up...and I still will.

PS - Why the hell did you put Nov 4th on there if you know it's drill weekend? Don't be crazy man!
My personal timeline is really a non-issue when it comes to the greater good of the rest of y'all. Okay...I forgot.

1GR- Thanks for being the thorn in my.....errrrr... side?!

JAFO- Hmmm....thinking, thinking.........just pick it and DO IT...hmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Agreed, just pick it!  How about Oct 21-23  Nothing major seems to be going on that weekend, although a few will miss it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Agreed, just pick it!  How about Oct 21-23  Nothing major seems to be going on that weekend, although a few will miss it.

Oregon is having a get together that week end. I know its no biggy for you guys but FYI.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oregon is having a get together that week end. I know its no biggy for you guys but FYI.  Patty

Thanks Patty...I suspect you're right, there's not more than a few Cross border ARFCOMmers, and this is a small,sorta, "test-shoot".

Lee-I guess you called it, since you scouted it out.

RSVP Post time?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep, are there any details that need to be in it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Nope, I'll handle it....MaxStatic and spouse met me out there yesterday. We figure the 100yd range will work for now, and there's a spot further in I found that'll work with a bit of "Forest management" for a larger group, although I'm not sure of how many tracer's it'll take....

Lee- Look for IM....
Matt

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Nope, I'll handle it....MaxStatic and spouse met me out there yesterday. We figure the 100yd range will work for now, and there's a spot further in I found that'll work with a bit of "Forest management" for a larger group, although I'm not sure of how many tracer's it'll take....

Lee- Look for IM....
Matt

Ah you made it out there?  So I didn't get the place closed down huh?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Not for a lack of tryin'....nice "patch" brutha!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top