Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 8:03:11 PM EDT
Looks like it is going to be opening again in as little as 3 weeks. Thurston Co gave it to Grays Harbor Co. and they plan on reopening it soon. Does anyone know if there are truck type trails? or is it just for quads and dirtbikes?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Looks like it is going to be opening again in as little as 3 weeks. Thurston Co gave it to Grays Harbor Co. and they plan on reopening it soon. Does anyone know if there are truck type trails? or is it just for quads and dirtbikes?

I don't know the answer to that question but I would like directions to the trail area because I've never ridden there before. If any ARFCOM guys want to get together for a Quad4 ride I would be up for that. Here's a link to a Quad Club I belong to.  http://www.nwqa.homestead.com/INDEX.html
Quad Drivers are for the most part like minded people who like us just want the damn goobermint to leave them alone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about Thurston but Evan's Creek has truck trails. I went down there but was too skeered to go wheelin'. I was by myself in my Jeep and didn't want to end up bones that are found years later.

You have a spare 4x4 for wheelin' or counting on that scout? I'm thinking of buying another Jeep before next summer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you talking about the place between elma and oly Kooter?

I havnt been there myself but I have a couple of friends that have been there. It is mostly intended for quads and dirtbikes, however, I seem to recall it was shutdown cause a guy was wheeling his jeep in there and rolled it and ended up killing himself. Rails may have been allowed but i dont remember.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you talking about the place between elma and oly Kooter?

I havnt been there myself but I have a couple of friends that have been there. It is mostly intended for quads and dirtbikes, however, I seem to recall it was shutdown cause a guy was wheeling his jeep in there and rolled it and ended up killing himself. Rails may have been allowed but i dont remember.

Yeah, that's the place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top