Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 7:45:05 AM EDT
I just ran across this,,

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_39/b3952115.htm

See also the graphic "Does Boeings's Math Add Up" under the "Related Items" bar.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just ran across this,,

yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_39/b3952115.htm

See also the graphic "Does Boeings's Math Add Up" under the "Related Items" bar.

Mike

The board-fu is weak in this one.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd be REALLY interested to know who the "author" of that article is. Its interesting in that Matt Blondin from the IAM is the ONLY PERSON QUOTED that is directly involved with Boeing. The others quoted are aerospace analysis folks who write in Aviation Week & Space technology each week. Looks like the article has a MAJOR labor slant to it. One item not covered is the upcoming SPEEA negotiations (Boeings engineering union). If Boeing gives the huge pension boost to the IAM, then SPEEA will demand the same. Boeing IAM workers are ALREADY AT THE TOP OF THE WAGE, PENSION AND BENEFITS SCALE IN ALL OF THE AEROSPACE BUSINESS!!! If they want to "compete" against Airbus, they better take a hard look at the global economy. Matt Blondin is nothing more than a lying windbag who is more interested in getting his mug on TV and feeding his ego than "saving" jobs.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The article basically said that Boeing should roll over and give into the demands.  "It's only $90 million, which is like 1% of Boeing's annual revenue."  Well no shit.  But that 1% EXTRA does what to their total costs?  Start adding up 1% here and 1% there, and all of sudden, you have 10%!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top