Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 2:57:45 PM EDT
Well.  Curiosity finally got me and I asked DOL for a copy of my records.  They returned a copy of my Firearms Purchased Certification record.  They will do this for any walk-in (Olympia DOL) or at your CLEO upon request.  They want two forms of ID.  (360) 664-6616.

This Certification is a list of all handgun purchases reported to them (Dealer or otherwise) that they still show to you (ie, you didn't sell and report to them as transferred to another.)  They did say they could provide a list of all historical purchases upon request.  They also stated they routinely deal with requests for this information daily from LEOs, DAs and most any other .GOV investigation being pursued.

Below is a marked-up portion of my list (several pages omitted )

I suppose this list could be helpful in attempting to prove ownership or such, perhaps for insurance purposes.

Thought you'd all find it interesting!

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Had to cut'n'paste - the wife could find my posts!  

But I wanted to show a cross-section, especially of the "UNABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS" and "WE CALL IT THIS ONE TIME BUT SOMETHING ELSE THE NEXT TIME".  There's even one that says I bought a .72cal man-whopper (I Wish).
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish someone could dig up a pic of what a SEVENTY TWO CALIBER MAN-WHOPPER looks like.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
 Well ,,well well, I think I'll do just that. Do they also keep a reacord of who has looked up or obtained a copy of this information?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I asked them that as well.  They said they keep a complete record of all person/agency requests that they fulfill but it didn't sound automated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
William(Bill) A. Forth is a worthless, lying, POS.

That's all I have to say about that.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
What's a 3 caliber. I see that one of those is a Beretta but the other is listed as a 32? WTF?

I like the unknown or unlisted gun in 762. Must have one hell of a set of furniture to shoot something like that by hand!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
William(Bill) A. Forth is a worthless, lying, POS.

That's all I have to say about that.

Dealt with him when he was head of the Lewis County Road Dept. before he was fired and removed by the sheriff's dept which ironically is where his illustrious public career started.  He couldn't cut that either.

great,
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#12]
i'm no expert.  hence the question....

aren't they not supposed to be keeping record?

-rob
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The FEDS are not, but state and local are free to, and the SOW has chosen to track handguns.

Interestingly, they didn't have enough funding (they say) during the 90's and the records sat in boxes for years.  They got some dough in the last fews years and had the data entry done.

Wonder if they attest in court that the list is as accurate the the ATF thinks their NFRTR is?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#15]
huh...well I'll be damned.  

I'm assuming these transactions need to also be recorded by FFL 03 (C&R) holders too, is that correct?
If so, does anybody have a link or some documentation somewhere on that proceedure?

Thanks
-Rob
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Handgun Private Disposition/Transfer Form

^ Form

I thought it was a joke when I saw it the first time a few months back when I was looking for Affidavit of Title Loss (for my car)

Wow...."the man" sucks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
 Well ,,well well, I think I'll do just that. Do they also keep a reacord of who has looked up or obtained a copy of this information?

Depends on who is looking...

I can look anytime I want, but there is a record of each and everytime I look....

This could be a violation of the privacy act and I better have a good reason.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#18]
C&R Holders need to record all relevant C&R transactions in their FFL Boundbook (all handgun, longgun, NFA).

Only SOW licensed firearm dealers (people in the business of selling firearms) are required by state law to file all handgun sales.  This does not include C&R holders.

Anyone, including C&Rs, may voluntarily file the "Handgun Private Disposition/Transfer Form" with the SOW.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh, yeah I guess that makes sense since the FFL 03 license is strictly for collecting and if someone was to trransfer thereafter it would be a private sale since they are not licensed to sell them for profit "officially" speaking anyway.

Alrighty...learned soemthing new
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top