Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 8:50:56 AM EDT
Listening to the radio on the way in and heard about this.

Tax suspension

I am so happy we elected this woman I just can't stand it.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]

"I do not support the proposal," Gregoire said in a prepared statement. "Others in the Legislature who understand transportation and funding of state services are in agreement."

She just called every Republican in the state a fucking idiot in other words.....

Another gem

Gregoire said oil companies "should be a primary target in looking for a solution to the high price of gas, not the citizens. ... Why aren't the oil companies, which are expected to make more than $100 billion in profits this year, contributing some of those billions to alleviate the economic hardships on the American people in the wake of a national disaster?"

We aren't asking that the CITIZENS to be the primary target you dumb bitch, we are asking for the GOVERNMENT to be a primary target!!  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Qoute:Gregoire said oil companies "should be a primary target

I think the both the GOVERNMENT & the oil companies should be the primary target...

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#5]
And of course, in the second half of the article, the Demoncratic Caucus is talking about price caps, a sure way to create a fuel SHORTAGE
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Whats that old saying about "those who continue to do the same thing expecting different results?"

Growth Flower and Decay is the basic cycle of life, Washington state is in the decay cycle, in horticulture when the old tree is dying you take a cutting or seed and add growth stimulant to start a new healthy plant.

The old tree is cut down and burned to destroy the spread of disease from the old plant.

Democracy is the most vile form of government... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention: have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property: and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.
James Madison

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]

I am so happy we elected this woman I just can't stand it.  hr

Don't look at me I didn't elect her... actualy didn't she elect herself????
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I am so happy we elected this woman I just can't stand it.  hr

What do you mean we?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually I have been thinking about this today while riding down the road.

Lets say we suspend fuel taxes.

It takes the money out of the state coffers, that has been budgeted on projections creating massive shortfalls. Not that I think our .gov is running smooth, and not that I think they should be given more and more money, but this will make a bad thing worse.

Second part, its a bandaid for a symptom. Cutting prices by any means circumvents dealing with why the prices are rising and the supply is dwindling. Thus allowing more widespread use of something that should have demand falling, and ignoring the true problem, lack of refining capabilities combined with competition for the limited pool.

If we do not suspend the taxes, and lets say the price goes to $5 per gallon, there will be cutbacks by everyone. Thus creating a glut. And the problem will fix itself.

I am against tax suspension. And I cant believe I just said that.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Actually I have been thinking about this today while riding down the road.

Lets say we suspend fuel taxes.

It takes the money out of the state coffers, that has been budgeted on projections creating massive shortfalls. Not that I think our .gov is running smooth, and not that I think they should be given more and more money, but this will make a bad thing worse.

Second part, its a bandaid for a symptom. Cutting prices by any means circumvents dealing with why the prices are rising and the supply is dwindling. Thus allowing more widespread use of something that should have demand falling, and ignoring the true problem, lack of refining capabilities combined with competition for the limited pool.

If we do not suspend the taxes, and lets say the price goes to $5 per gallon, there will be cutbacks by everyone. Thus creating a glut. And the problem will fix itself.

I am against tax suspension. And I cant believe I just said that.

Pod person!  CavVet a freakin pod person!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#12]
If they did cut or suspend the taxes, in a capitalistic society like ours, that wouldn't help much.  We've already proven that people will pay yhe prices, so there is the demand...  why lower the price when you can make $50 mill more a day?  Sure it wouldn't be a popular decision, but who cares when you are an anonymous oil fat cat?  Free enterprise means that the business sets it's own prices according to what people will pay.  Wouldn't doing a tax suspension AND telling the companies that they HAD to lower prices be the same thing as putting a price cap on them?  Only the government would also be getting a lot less money, as spoken to in CavVet's comment.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#13]

All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation.
John Adams

The power to tax is the power to destroy, if you want to damage the economy then increase taxes.

Each state has two sets of books, 1, is called the budget everyone can examine and is mostly red ink 2. is called the comprehensive annual financial report which shows all money in and all money out, everything retirement accounts interest on bonds blah blah blah etc etc  and was made propriotory in 2000 which means you cant see it unless you have a friend in the legislature that will let you look at his or hers.

Government interference always means either violent action or the threat of such action. Government is in the last resort the employment of armed men, of policemen, gendarmes, soldiers, prison guards, and hangmen. The essential feature of government is the enforcement of its decrees by beating, killing, and imprisoning. Those who are asking for more government interference are asking ultimately for more compulsion and less freedom.
   -Ludwig von Mises

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top