Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:47:09 PM EDT
Fun fact:  I arrived in Everett, Washington on May 5, 1998 when USS Rodney M. Davis (FFG 60) changed homeport from Commander, Fleet Activities Yokosuka, Japan to Naval Station Everett.

After turning 21 in Washington and completing a WESTPAC deployment, I applied for and got my CPL (1-day turnaround, courtesy of Sherrif Rick Bart)

Before I seperated from the Navy, I changed my legal residence from The People's Republic of New Jersey to Washington.

I registered to vote in Washington.

After I seperated from the Navy, I enlisted in the Washington Air National Guard.

Shit, it sounds like I have Evergreen blood running through my veins, right?

The farthest east I have been in this state is a toss-up between Winthrop or Vantage (I'm too damn lazy to break out a map / GPS to see which).

Ludefisk?  Why?

If the sign says "Speed Limit 60", why are you doing 45 in the left lane?

I don't ski.

I still don't own tire chains.  Nor do I have studded tires.

It's past my bedtime. . .

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to your new home JS98010.

George Washington
To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the West Coast!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Uhhhh, yeah. times 2.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome fellow refugee.

I came up from Kaliforniastan October 92.  My youngest daughter (soon to be 12) was born in Edmonds so I guess that makes me an offical WA native!

I took me 30 days to receive mine.  Guess Everett PD was slow.  On my last renewal, my wife is the signed licensing authority.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
On my last renewal, my wife is the signed licensing authority.

If I'm reading this right Gibby, that makes your wife "The Man"?

HOW does THAT work?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOW does THAT work?

mine is signed by SG

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:05:08 AM EDT
[#8]
You beat me here by one year and one day.

At that time, Ohio didnt have CCW. Now, I can use my WA CPL to CCW in Ohio.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Before I seperated from the Navy, I changed my legal residence from The People's Republic of New Jersey to Washington. Peoples Republic of Washington

I registered to vote in Washington. (Your vote doesn't COUNT in "Queen" King County unless you voted for GregWHORE, then they counted it twice )

After I seperated from the Navy, I enlisted in the Washington Air National Guard. GOOD MAN!

Shit, it sounds like I have Evergreen blood running through my veins, right?

The farthest east I have been in this state is a toss-up between Winthrop or Vantage (I'm too damn lazy to break out a map / GPS to see which).

Ludefisk?  Why? AMEN TO THAT.
If the sign says "Speed Limit 60", why are you doing 45 in the left lane? AMEN TO THAT!
I don't ski.

I still don't own tire chains.  Nor do I have studded tires.

It's past my bedtime. . .

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOW does THAT work?

No. She is not "The Man".  She cooks, cleans, does laundry and fetches my beers on demand!  Guess that makes me "The Man"  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#11]
US Army took me to Korea where I got my choice of next duity station.  I chose Ft. Lewis and was stationed in October of 97.  I own property here, Have my WA Cpl, Divorced Her, and my daughter was born here.  On top of that I am marrying a natural born citizen of WA, so that should make me a naturalized citizen right?

A good indication that you are a washitonian is if you tell your out of state friends "Hey, it doesn't rain that much up here!".
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife grew up in Bellevue. When we moved here in 94 we'd be over in Bellevue and she be going, "There was a big horse farm here, there was a diary here..."

I always like it when somebody asks me if it really does rain here all the time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOW does THAT work?

No. She is not "The Man".  She cooks, cleans, does laundry and fetches my beers on demand!  Guess that makes me "The Man"  

He he he

More like you are a man and she is just a good woman (and from what I hear those are hard to come by)

Oh yeah, and on topic, born and raised here, I wear birki's all year round, I don't understand what an umbrella is for, and I can't wait for it to start raining again
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I was born raised in NYC, moved here in aug 91,  have 2  kids born here,own a house here...... my biggest problem is the whole NYC rep almost automaticly gives you  'kick$@* '  label, but at the same time the stringent gun control mo-fo laws are insane, So I guess my alligence is to the State that won't trample my 2nd ammendmant rights.........even thou everyone back east  goes: Lake Stevens???  where is that????!
.............ya never get that with NYC.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I was born in Seattle in 1951. All you furriners are ruining the place...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I was born in Seattle in 1951.

Same here...UW medical center 1973.

I ususally tell people that yes, it rains alot, but that's why it's so green and purty.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Native LCR...nuff said

I can hear the banjos from here
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I was born in Seattle in 1951. All you furriners are ruining the place...

yup...buncha noobs  j/k....My family got here in 1897...been here ever since.

I was actually born in Santa Cruz Ca...but I have an excuse....my old man was stationed  at Ft Ord at the time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I was born in Seattle in 1851. All you furriners are ruining the place...

Fixt

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
He he he
More like you are a man and she is just a good woman (and from what I hear those are hard to come by)

CRAP!  The secret is out!

Damn it PCR!  Control your woman!

Oh wait!  She's bringing garlic pasta.

Gosh Hippy.  You sure are one smart lady.  PCR is soooooooo lucky to have met you.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He he he

Gosh Hippy.  You sure are one smart lady.  PCR is soooooooo lucky to have met you.

You have no idea....DAMN can she cook!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He he he

Where's the beef?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He he he

Where's the beef?

For someone who doesn't eat beef, pork, or chicken.  She sure can cook some!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top