Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 10:38:47 AM EDT
I have some work that I need done to my 9MM commander before I send it off to tripp to get refinished. I need a Barrel and barrel bushing fitted, main spring housing installed, and novak front dovetail cut and sights installed. I can always have tripp do this but i like to give work to the local guys if I can.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I totally forgot about them i guess they do build 1911's Thanks. If I do go through them i will have to make sure to remember to use my Da_Bunny discount card.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont remmmeber what his nam is...Tim I think..at the WAC show's is supposed to be pretty good, I have a old WWII Colt mutt that needs a little more work, I was thinking of sending it his way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You could try:
http://www.dvcustom.com/

He works Mondays at Wade's guns, too
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dont remmmeber what his nam is...Tim I think..at the WAC show's is supposed to be pretty good, I have a old WWII Colt mutt that needs a little more work, I was thinking of sending it his way.

Mike Hadley?? Olympics 1911 guy...
Foremerly of Detonics IIRC, and a good smith from what I have seen...

If you take your goodies to a show you can definately talk with him personally...

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Shawn Carlock at Defensive Edge.com. A shooter and an excellent Gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been going to a guy in Snohomish for alittle while now. Hes done great things so far. If you want his information e-mail or PM me and I'll get it for you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Rick Bemel in Spokane at Sharpshooters is the only smith I let touch my pistols.  He used to to work in the Smith & Wesson custom shop and is a good smith with wonderful custom service.  It makes it worth it to send him my stuff from Gig Harbor.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]
you could always send it to me, via hidden valley gunworks in houser ID ((I do all the pistol work for them on the side)..........I could almost gaurantee I would be cheaper and the work would be as good.  Rick Bemel is also a good smith, but I am so poor  I could no longer afford to pay someone to fix up my guns so I started doing all my own work, then four years later I kinda fell in with Paul who is the owner of Hidden valley and the rest is as they say history.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top