Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 11:24:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The (2) AM/PM Arco stations in Auburn, WA. just went dry, no gas.

Filled up at the 7-11 on Auburn way at noon. Owner said it was gonna go fast.

Filled up the Honda, (2) 6 gallon cans and a 1 gallon mini can $79.80

holy mother of god, batman!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]
ummmm......

I dont need to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ummmm......

I dont need to.

Ditto.

Handled many moons ago.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ummmm......

I dont need to.

Ditto.

Handled many moons ago.

ok, blonde-newbie/non-survivalist moment...

(picture baby voice and the twirling of a blonde lock of hair around a finger)

<giggle,giggle> um, (big sigh) I don't get it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ummmm......

I dont need to.

Ditto.

Handled many moons ago.

Great visual.

It means that "it" was handled a long time ago: fuel, food, medical, ammunition, training, etc. etc. etc.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ummmm......

I dont need to.

Ditto.

Handled many moons ago.

Great visual.

It means that "it" was handled a long time ago: fuel, food, medical, ammunition, training, etc. etc. etc.

so, you have hundreds of gallons of GAS sitting in storage somewhere?

wow, I want some!   I'll be-your-best-friend!?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Shrug. A little here...a little there. Top off a fuel can each time you fill up and it tends to accumulate faster than you'd think. Enough for a short term (less than three or four months)emergency, at least.

Hopefully the NO disaster will open a few more eyes and get a few more people started on emergency preparations.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You had better get gas now!!!

I think I did.
I went to Taco Bell at lunch. BURP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shrug. A little here...a little there. Top off a fuel can each time you fill up and it tends to accumulate faster than you'd think. Enough for a short term (less than three or four months)emergency, at least.

Hopefully the NO disaster will open a few more eyes and get a few more people started on emergency preparations.

It is like phil  buying ammo, My family has lots of property's that need taken care of, There are full gas cans at  different locations that I could go raid if needed.

It is not a panic thing, It is a just a state of mind, I could even pull the fuel out of the planes, the lawn mowers, the tractors.....

My grandpa drilled into all of our heads when we were kids, "It is just as easy to keep the top half full as it is the bottom"...

He was right, most americans dont keep a full tank of fuel, 0r fill up to a full tank.

I dont think I or Evil or any other person that is into survival/Disaster prep is saying we have enough to last till the end of the world, but I know I have enough to keep from having to ever go into full blown panic mode.

Like Scrun said in another thread..

If you have to think about it now, It is already to late.

BTW: your little Blond thing dont fly with me, I know you are a redhead,and hooked up with phil...

You now have earned the title Queen of the WA HTF from me.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting sig line Evil_ATF.  Miyamoto Musashi?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Get gas?!  Whadda you nuts?!  At $2.99 a gallon, I can't afford to get fuel.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Get gas?!  Whadda you nuts?!  At $2.99 a gallon, I can't afford to get fuel.  hr

I just topped off both of the family vehicles for 2.81/gal. I have a little bit of gas storage, but really only enough to BO, not to sustain a normal life.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I topped off my weed whacker, lawn mower and chain saw.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I just went down to the local AM/PM/Arco and got the last 26 gallons they sold. I sure hope I sucked up all the setiment out of the bottom of the tank.

All the other stations seem to still be open.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW: your little Blond thing dont fly with me, I know you are a redhead,and hooked up with phil...

You now have earned the title Queen of the WA HTF from me.

I am TOTALLY a blonde.

Help, somebody who met me, tell him!

I am hooked up with phil though, totally and undeniably.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I just topped off both of the family vehicles for 2.81/gal. I have a little bit of gas storage, but really only enough to BO, not to sustain a normal life.

$3.04 for V-Power!
Similar story as above.

I was filling the 'Big Jugs' outside the truck and figured if anybody gave me a ration of $hit, I'd smile and tell 'em "I have a BIG Lawn Mower!".

Also, the clerk at the Shell station told me earlier today that he'd had 3 times the amount of gas sales as usual ( even though it is a holiday weekend ) and that the 'corporation' was going to UP the prices at midnight.
Thanks for the heads-up 'bigscrun'.  I passed the word on at work, too.  
Might be a lot more people taking the Bus soon, so I wanted to make sure the Drivers got to work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Interesting sig line Evil_ATF.  Miyamoto Musashi?

A good guess as they shared a similiar thought pattern, but it's actually from The Book of Family Values on the Art of War by Yagyu Munenori.

Quoted:
What are you MAD MAX??  

No...but I might plug it into the DVD player this weekend now that you mention it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#19]
$48 to fill up the jeep yesterday (ouch)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:09:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Round trip to Bellevue cost us $13.00 for gas today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Does gas go bad?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:39:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Does gas go bad?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Round trip to Bellevue cost us $13.00 for gas today.

Topped of Libby last night on way home from work. $22- half tank.

Topped off Truck late last night- had gone up a nickle- $32.00- half tank.

Kinda made me rethink going camping this weekend at all. At least took the wind out of my sails. Im still ambivelant and mulling it over.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Kinda made me rethink going camping this weekend at all. At least took the wind out of my sails. Im still ambivelant and mulling it over.

Stay home and do yard work, wont be long till it is raining and all crappy outside, need to get the house ready for fall winds and rain.

If that dont make you change your mind and head out I dont know what will
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#25]
$140 to fill the one-ton with diesel! I'm gonna be riding the horses to town soon.  Anybody up for pooper scooper patrol.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Really, when you think about the laws of supply and demand that govern the success/failure and PRICES of any product, When is gas going to start topping off or go down?

1) If there is government intervention.  (this has already happenned in Hawaii, though Jersey officials say that this is unlawful and not an option they are looking at.  I don't know what they are saying in WA)
2) If the availability of non-petroleum fuel is made available that will work in our cars with or without additional augments having to be purchased.
3) If the technology is made available for a new kind of car that is feasible, yet doesn't run on petrol.... oh yeah and everyone trades in their old car for the new one IMMEDIATELY.

I don't see any of these things happenning anytime soon, so if the prices go up to $5.00 a gallon next week, we are still screwed.  We will all have to pay it.  We will complain.  But the people making the billions on our hides, don't care about our complaints, they will pay someone minimum wage to take the brunt of our fury.  It never touches them.  The question is, What could we do to actually touch them?  I can't think of anything,....   anything legal that is.

It sucks to live far from work.  If the price goes up to $10/gallon, I'm going to have to ride my bike (not motorcycle, BIKE) 60 miles/day or I won't be able to make my mortgage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Get gas while you still can??? Buying more gas than you need right now only drives prices higher with demand.  If you don't NEED gas don't buy it.  Simple.  The gas bubble will burst in a couple of months.  Oil will be back at $40 a barrel and gas will be back down under $2.00

Mark it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Get gas while you still can??? Buying more gas than you need right now only drives prices higher with demand.  If you don't NEED gas don't buy it.  Simple.  The gas bubble will burst in a couple of months.  Oil will be back at $40 a barrel and gas will be back down under $2.00

Mark it.

China and India have decided that they need strategic reserves. That is driving crude oil up into the 70 dollar range. They are buying far more than they are consuming. If we were to put controls on the price of oil, OPEC will just sell to the asian market and tell us to suck wind.

Katrina is really not the big player here. It's effect will be mostly felt in the US. The Safeway gas station in Everett, usually one of the cheapest, is now the most expensive. My guess is that they are averaging the price out across the whole chain. Higher prices down south mean higher prices here.

The price of gas isn't determined by how much it costs, so much as how much it will cost to replace it on the current market. The gas stations have to charge whatever it's going to cost them to refill their underground tanks. Otherwise they have to borrow money and add the cost of borrowing at the pump.

No doubt they are buying fuel on a contract that allows their distributors to jack up the price and still demand payment, so they may have to borrow anyway.

When the gulf coast is back on-line, the situation will improve, but that is a few months away. Katrina did some major damage to the economy of the gulf.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark it.

China and India have decided that they need strategic reserves. That is driving crude oil up into the 70 dollar range. They are buying far more than they are consuming. If we were to put controls on the price of oil, OPEC will just sell to the asian market and tell us to suck wind.

Katrina is really not the big player here. It's effect will be mostly felt in the US. The Safeway gas station in Everett, usually one of the cheapest, is now the most expensive. My guess is that they are averaging the price out across the whole chain. Higher prices down south mean higher prices here.

The price of gas isn't determined by how much it costs, so much as how much it will cost to replace it on the current market. The gas stations have to charge whatever it's going to cost them to refill their underground tanks. Otherwise they have to borrow money and add the cost of borrowing at the pump.

No doubt they are buying fuel on a contract that allows their distributors to jack up the price and still demand payment, so they may have to borrow anyway.

When the gulf coast is back on-line, the situation will improve, but that is a few months away. Katrina did some major damage to the economy of the gulf.

Your both very right, Katrina is NOT a BIG player in this, and Redef is on the right track as far as the gas bubble breaking, Im not as optimestic on his time frame, but I will say that this time next year, gas will be back at or under $40.00 a barrel, I also dont think you will see prices at the pump under $2.00, but hey....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Your both very right, Katrina is NOT a BIG player in this, and Redef is on the right track as far as the gas bubble breaking, Im not as optimestic on his time frame, but I will say that this time next year, gas will be back at or under $40.00 a barrel, I also dont think you will see prices at the pump under $2.00, but hey....

I love how gas prices sky rocket the instant the price of oil goes up, but are extremely slow to come down as the price falls.  Anyway, even if oil does get back down to $40 or lower, we probably won't ever see sub-$2/gallon gas again.......
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#31]
There is over 6.5 billion people in the world and the highest population countries like China and India are industrializing and comsuming more oil, China has developed it's own oil supplies in Canada and south America and is paying three time the market value of crude to do it.

Simple supply and demand nothing more complicated than that, yes the U.S. has reserves and un tapped oil fields but if the demand is there it will still cost you to buy it.

I hope crude goes to $300 a barrel, it will force alternative energy into the main stream and we will start to get some self sufficiency back.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder how much 45 gal worth? Thats the fuel cell I've got for my truck..
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

, Im not as optimistic on his time frame,

Oooh now that I look back I think i was typing too fast, yeah a year or a year and a half of bad oil prices are still left, a couple months is definitely not enough time to rebound., Da Bunny thank you for educating me more about China and India, I obviously haven't done my research...Darn communists.  Its still a good idea not to horde gas like a commie :)

Stay safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top