Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:55:09 PM EDT
I was reading through the forums at accuratereloading.com in the Alaska Hunting section.
I wanted to share it with everyone here in light of the recent threads about our group meets.
Here's a story that truly emphasizes what can happen if you don't  practice  SAFETY 1st:

Thread link ---
forums.accuratereloading.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/8521043/m/303107713

Hunter stands up as guide shoots at wounded bear

Newspaper Article

Let's be careful out there.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Jesus christ....headshot from behind with a .338 llapua.  OWNED!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#3]
That could not have been easy to look at.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been shot at by another hunter. Accidents do happen to even careful people but there are some real assholes out there too.

I wonder how many times he's gonna ask himself, "if I justed stepped right, or been more careful to look, maybe I was too quick to react..."
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Idea...

Lets make a bunch of Rules So this exact thing dont happin at a Arfcom shoot!.

Shit happinzzzz, and this sucks for everyone involved, but........

Just think every now and then, and you should cut down on the chance of yourself being on the giving/receiving end.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The incident made me think of the last big GF shoot where everyone was a little closer together than I'd prefer.
It also reminded me of the idea of having the firing line 10-15 feet in front of everyone's gear.  Clearly marked with a nylon rope or something and the understanding that you load your guns on the line.
That's the only safety thing I was concerned with.  

The incident in the article was certainly 'unintentional', but the 'zone of fire' turned into the 'shit happens'.  Really too bad, and avoidable.

I mean, I love you guys, but I don't want to rub up against you... ( that's called 'frottage', BTW ).
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Troopers said Kern was squatting about 10 feet in front of Jedlicki as the assistant guide took aim, then stood up as Jedlicki fired.

DAMN!  Shooting from behind someone!  Though it was an accident, I smell a wrongfull death suit coming....and I'm not one to push for lawyers either.....

I just shutter at the thought of what happened....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top