Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 8:19:17 PM EDT
Anybody local following the Wild Sky Project

We applaud the bipartisan group of Representatives led by Washington Representative Jay Inslee (D-WA01), who reintroduced legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today that would safeguard steal approximately 60 million acres of unprotected inventoried roadless areas in our national forests

Don't these theives ever get tired of trying to steal property ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It would seem property stealing is becoming fashionable. Kitsap is trying to pull some CAO stuff.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
They are so fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Im paying attention. But it is starting to make my head hurt.

I would really like to see a lot of that land thin'd out so the vegitation (trees) can do better, and be less prone to a Wild Fire. I support keeping it wild, But The money they are wasteing right now, and the way they are managing our lands now is killing me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I would like to see the "Wild Sky" opened up to all dirtbikers, 4 wheelers, snowmobilers, hunters, fishers, private citizen firewood gatherers, sport shooters, private citizen miners, hikers, mountain bikers, campers, whatever, just keep it fucking open.

Those asshats tried to tell me that the Wild Sky will only affect about 30% of the roads in the area.
What the asshats don't tell you is that the 30% is where the trailheads / USFS access roads are.

Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]

• Outdoor recreation has become more and more popular over time as Americans participate in everything from mountain-biking to hunting in roadless areas. Approximately 2.5 million Washington residents took part in hunting, fishing, and wildlife-watching in 2001, contributing $2.4 billion to the state economy.

Wait a minute, these are the same people who want to close areas to hunting, and ban guns, but when the figures support them, they sure sing a different tune....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems we all in agreement, I remeber back in the early 70's when they wanted to log off the DNR timber and the people did not want them too, so they promised that the roads would open the land up for recreation.

Then ofcourse they spend 10,000$ a mile destroying the roads and gating whats left.

In the 60's we used to cut trees encroaching on the fire roads for firewood and keep the roads open for access, but now they require the companies harvesting to leave all the slash strewn about so there is a nice big fuel load for a run away wild-fire and then they destroy the roads as the leave making sure the land can not be cared for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top