Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 6:21:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Snohomish Co sucks just as bad. Ready to move somewhere quiet, like LCR or Idaho.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Im pretty sure they need more LCR.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If its not raining don't blame it a on the Californians.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry Christine GregWHORE will "fix" it just like she "FIXED" the election.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Why are you posting, when you should be paying attention at your business meeting?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The infrastructure in Western Washington is the worst I've ever seen in my travels.  I have a theory they leave it shitty so they can continue to pass transportation taxes.

If anything would incite me to leave wa...it would be the roads and traffic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Today wasn't particularly bad, try it in the dark when it's foggy, raining or icy. To get around up here, add an hour to your driving time, if you want to be 90% sure you'll make it. Even then, at least one trip in ten, you won't.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm sure this is a multiple dupe topic here.... but

You King Co. guys have got yourself a real serious traffic problem up here!!! I'm at a bizniz meeting in Kent this morning, and I don't think I've ever seen a more rediculous situation as my drive here....... almost tarnished by impecable attendance record!

You need something.... more roads, more taxes & politicians, more STDs.....SOMETHING!!!

You guys put up with this crap daily up here?

How about quit having so many kids! Look at how the population has grown in the past ten or so years we need to stop the bunnies, ( no offense Da Bunny!)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

How about quit having so many kids! Look at how the population has grown in the past ten or so years we need to stop the bunnies, (no offense Da Bunny!)

We import far more than we have the ability to support.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm sure this is a multiple dupe topic here.... but

You King Co. guys have got yourself a real serious traffic problem up here!!! I'm at a bizniz meeting in Kent this morning, and I don't think I've ever seen a more rediculous situation as my drive here....... almost tarnished by impecable attendance record!

You need something.... more roads, more taxes & politicians, more STDs.....SOMETHING!!!

You guys put up with this crap daily up here?

How about quit having so many kids! Look at how the population has grown in the past ten or so years we need to stop the bunnies, ( no offense Da Bunny!)

I guess I dont see the population growing from children so much as from out of staters coming into Washington looking for the Microsoft job.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#12]
i just moved to monroe and its a Mess here, with the traffic
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes it is the suck.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You mean it gets worse!?!?!

Dude, you had a cakewalk.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"The drive home was at least twice as bad! You guys can keep that... BS".

BS...the only thing missing is 'U'.

It's much better getting paid to BE Traffic!
Just wait a month when the Tunnel is closed...
Downtown Seattle will be a MAJOR CLUSTERFUCKBUS, and it will spread out from there.
All so 'light rail' can be put in.  Yeah, right!  
Two or more years of fun, fun, fun 'til your Daddy takes the T-Bird away.

I smell OVERTIME!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"The drive home was at least twice as bad! You guys can keep that... BS".

BS...the only thing missing is 'U'.
www.metrokc.gov/kcdot/news/insidetrans/photos/2004/120104insidetrans4.jpg

It's much better getting paid to BE Traffic!
Just wait a month when the Tunnel is closed...
Downtown Seattle will be a MAJOR CLUSTERFUCKBUS, and it will spread out from there.
All so 'light rail' can be put in.  Yeah, right!  
Two or more years of fun, fun, fun 'til your Daddy takes the T-Bird away.

I smell OVERTIME!

After they close the tunnel, I'll wait two years to go into downtown Seattle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why are you posting, when you should be paying attention at your business meeting?

I'm NEVER late.... so I had some time to kill in the hotel lobby.Only cost me 25 cents a minute too.

ETA: now I'm waiting on them to finish their lunch, so we can finish and I can get out of this godforsaken hell hole

They had a peep show in the lobby?!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#21]
shit, I remember the days where I had to drive I-5 through Tacoma all the way to Tukwila, catch 405 all the way to 520, then down 520 into Bellevue. Talk about a commute.

Now its easier.
just East Valley highway to 18, then onto I-5 into Seattle. Each morning.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#22]

DAMN bus drivers in Seattle. Blocking the intersections with those damn double buses.

we've now got a cop each afternoon at the intersection of Minor and Howell with ticket book in hand. Its funny to see him walk up to cars blocking the intersection or crosswalk, telling them to go over to the parking lot across the street for some paperwork.

Even better when he yells at the Metro bus drivers blocking everything.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

They should be getting a ticket aswell...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#24]
We don't have traffic problems on this side of the narrows.

Just have the narrows.

I try to avoid it as much as possible, you think Kent is bad? try driving Hwy 16 westbound at 5pm on a friday...

Biggest clusterfrack in the state.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, but the logistics of either having one pull into a parking lot, or holding up a bunch of people looking to get somewhere might be somewhat of a deterrent to the officer in question.

Still funny when you hear a cop yell at a metro pilot asking him if he thinks the rules don't apply to him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, but the logistics of either having one pull into a parking lot, or holding up a bunch of people looking to get somewhere might be somewhat of a deterrent to the officer in question.

Still funny when you hear a cop yell at a metro pilot asking him if he thinks the rules don't apply to him.

"OOPS" costs us Metro Transit Operators $108.00, too.
Putting a Bus in the parking lot might be a logistical problem, though.

The trouble with driving a Bus in Traffic is that the Traffic may change in 1/2 of a second, hence the Bus hanging its really BIG ASS out the intersection.  
The option is to WAIT, light after light, for the room to slide 62-feet of Bus across the intersection --- which usually results in the Catch-22 described.
Part of my job is to outguess the idiots driving cars.  Sometimes I win ---
Yeah, you think it's a bitch now?  Just wait...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top