Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 10:32:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I voted against the Paul Allen stadium years ago. Taxpayer bucks going to private biz=
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am not as worried about the Seahawks as I was about sitting down and wathcing MNF...Pissed me off.

You peoples taxes paid for that stadium...Get your ass out and buy a ticket so I can sit here and watch it!

Fat Fucking Chance.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys looked sloppy after the first team left,

But the defense is improved! Good run stopper, and got some rush on. I was bummed they gave Senaca the 2nd team to work with. That guy's for real. As for my Cowboys, Bledsoe is better than Testaverde, imo. Looking forward to the rematch on 10/23.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got my own team to worry about.  The 9ers can't seem to keep good players on their team or even alive for that matter.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9025480/
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've got my own team to worry about.  The 9ers can't seem to keep good players on their team or even alive for that matter.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9025480/

That was a shocker indeed.

When I think of life, motality, etc., I always think of her.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
What is really crazy is how many of us have heart defects and don't know it!  My son had one with extra nerves called SVT.  They had to go in with catheters to sever the extra conductive paths on his heart (RF ablation).  It took about 4 hours under in his case because they went in looking for 1 nerve and found 3.  I had a cousin who had it as well...he's our age (30s-40s) and had to have open heart to correct his about 10 years ago.  Medicine sure has improved in my lifetime.

I remember a teenager in high school who just dropped dead of heart failure.  Its actually more common than we think.

Scary shit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Seattle blue over blackout
Hawks CEO optimistic no other games affected

By CLARE FARNSWORTH
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

A television blackout of their preseason opener against the Dallas Cowboys on "Monday Night Football" was not how Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke wanted to christen the home season.

But Leiweke doesn't expect the technical glitch Monday night at Qwest Field to carry over to the regular season -- especially the attractive Sept. 18 home opener against the defending NFC South champion Atlanta Falcons and quarterback Michael Vick.

"I'm predicting that all of our regular-season games will continue to sell out," Leiweke said prior to kickoff in the Seahawks' 18-10 loss to the Cowboys before a far-less-than-capacity crowd that was announced as 48,090 tickets distributed.

The team's season-ticket base is moving close to 46,000, the highest since Mike Holmgren came onboard as coach in 1999.

But the ticket base to prelude a preseason blackout would have to be closer to 55,000 or 56,000 -- the likes of which have not been seen in Seattle since the 1980s, when the team played in the Kingdome.

The game against the Cowboys not being televised in the greater Seattle area caught a lot of people off guard, because it has never happened before in the preseason. That's because the team would televise the games, even if not sold out, and pay the fine levied by the league. However, the NFL-imposed fine for televising a "Monday Night Football"game that's not sold out is just too steep.

"The NFL is pretty stringent about it, and we're just following NFL guidelines," Leiweke said. "One of the things we want to be is good citizens in the league, so we're out of the business of circumventing rules."
(AKA we're cheap and raking in millions of dollars each year just isn't enough anymore)
Leiweke is even confident that the Sept. 2 preseason finale against the Minnesota Vikings at Qwest Field will be televised locally.

"We've got a way, we think, to clear that Minnesota game," he said.

Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck would like to have seen more fans in the stands Monday night, and the game on TV.

"It's too bad. It's disappointing," said Hasselbeck, who completed his first 10 passes and finished his first-half stint 12 of 15 for 135 yards and a touchdown pass to second-year wide receiver D.J. Hackett.

"Mostly because I'm sure there are people that couldn't make it to the game that would have liked to see the game."

Hasselbeck also understands the situation and circumstances.

"It's a preseason game, this is a beautiful city and there's a lot going on," he said.

seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/237669_hside23.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top