Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 12:55:16 PM EDT
...Thinking about checking out this Capitol Forrest Pit on Tuesday...any takers?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would love to.  Unfortunately, I have no idea when I'm getting off work this week, because we're doing zero and qual this week and I have the privilege of providing RTO services for the range.

But at least I'll get to shoot taxpayer ammo out of a taxpayer M4
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would love to.  Unfortunately, I have no idea when I'm getting off work this week, because we're doing zero and qual this week and I have the privilege of providing RTO services for the range.

Is that with the FAT or skinny handguards?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rails.  I'm not sure which one, since I don't sign for mine till tomorrow, though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rails.  I'm not sure which one, since I don't sign for mine till tomorrow, though.

so what yer sayin' is that the hand guards have nothing to do with the nomenclature....hrmmmmmm

ETA: looking to start early on tuesday...any takers?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
so what yer sayin' is that the hand guards have nothing to do with the nomenclature....hrmmmmmm

ETA: looking to start early on tuesday...any takers?

Yup.  M4 refers to the Carbine M16, and that's about it.  It's got a collapsable stock, but I know of at least two that the Army uses on M4s.  It's got a 14.5" barrel, current upper receivers are flat-tops.  My guard unit had detachable carry handles, but my unit here doesn't have 'em.  Just BUIS.  Older M4s have fixed carry handles, and carry the same M4 nomenclature.

It's really kinda weird, considering how silly little changes like burst vs. auto changes the nomenclature from M4 to M4A1, and how the flat-top and rails changed the nomenclature on the M16 from M16A2 to M16A4.

I think *technically* the M4 + rails is the M4 MWS (multiple-weapons system), but the receivers simply state M4 Carbine.
If I could find my digital camera, I'd be able to post pics tomorrow.  But alas, I can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone? Anyone?  Heading that way in a couple hours.......IM me
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, all you WORK slackers missed out.  GodNoStar and I lit off about 800 rounds and two bottles of tannerite.  Couple Local Yokels were there, they were quite impressed with the tannerite.  The capitol forest pit is a pretty decent pit, however it could sure use a bobcat and a dumptruck.  What a mess.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, all you WORK slackers missed out.  GodNoStar and I lit off about 800 rounds and two bottles of tannerite.  Couple Local Yokels were there, they were quite impressed with the tannerite.  The capitol forest pit is a pretty decent pit, however it could sure use a bobcat and a dumptruck.  What a mess.

I lost my Bobcat and dump truck in a boating accident.

I can most likely make a shoot this weekend there if you guys want to go. I would have made it last weekend with Kooter but he was playing hooky.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I shot 55 rounds of M855 today.  I might get to shoot more tomorrow, too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I shot 55 rounds of M855 today.  I might get to shoot more tomorrow, too.

Hit anything?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I would love to get a bobcat or a small mower to pull a screen through the pit at GF.  That place is a total shithole and needs a massive clean up party before someone revokes our right to shoot there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hit anything?

Paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top