Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:57:52 AM EDT
www.atf.gov/press/fy05press/081205doj_infosharingsystem.htm

WASHINGTON, D.C. – On August 4, 2005, the Department of Justice (DOJ) formally entered into an information-sharing partnership with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and state and local law enforcement agencies in Washington State, the Department announced today.

This partnership represents a first-time effort by the Justice Department to share information from multiple Department components through a single access point with more than 30 state and local law enforcement agencies. Prior to this partnership, DOJ agencies shared information with law enforcement partners through separate arrangements and systems.

The pilot program will connect DOJ—using the FBI=s Regional Data Exchange system (R-DEx)—with the Northwest Law Enforcement Information Exchange (LInX) system. This partnership is intended to share information to more effectively investigate, disrupt, and deter criminal activity, including terrorism. R-Dex and LInX are expected to be fully connected by September 1, 2005.

Deputy Attorney James B. Comey directed the Department=s participation with LInX and described it as an historic opportunity to arm federal, state and local law enforcement agencies in a single region with 21st century crime-fighting tools.

“In our digital age, law enforcement officers at every level must be able to make timely and effective use of records and reports from sister agencies,” said Deputy Attorney General Comey. “Otherwise, we fight crime and terrorism wearing blinders.”

The DOJ components participating in the information-sharing partnership are the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF); the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP); the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA); the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); and the United States Marshals Service (USMS).

Deputy Attorney General Comey acknowledged the leadership of NCIS Director Dave Brant; Tim Kimsey, Chief of the Port of Seattle Police Department, who represents the state and local agencies that comprise LInX; John McKay, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Washington; and Jim McDevitt, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, one thing's for sure. When you get vetted in Washington State, you're definately clean.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, one thing's for sure. When you get vetted in Washington State, you're definately clean.

You not kidding. Washington is and has been hooked up to most of the LE systems out there. And has been for years. When I first moved here I had to clear a MA parking ticket before they'd issue a drivers license to me. And that was over 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You not kidding. Washington is and has been hooked up to most of the LE systems out there. And has been for years. When I first moved here I had to clear a MA parking ticket before they'd issue a drivers license to me. And that was over 10 years ago.

You are both right...

This is not anything new, it is just upgraded with new equipment, Wa has been like this for years.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]
So how come all of child molestrs live here?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So how come all of child molestrs live here?

Because the Judges in this state love them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]
So does this mean that a speeding ticket I may not have paid the fine for in Illinois or Indiana in 1995 might come back to haunt me, if I in fact didn't pay it?

I moved less than two weeks after being issued the citation and I never have known if I sent a payment in or not.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So does this mean that a speeding ticket I may not have paid the fine for in Illinois or Indiana in 1995 might come back to haunt me, if I in fact didn't pay it?

I moved less than two weeks after being issued the citation and I never have known if I sent a payment in or not.

Might at renewal time. Mine came up when I first applied for a license here. I had to show proof of payment before they'd issue.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might at renewal time. Mine came up when I first applied for a license here. I had to show proof of payment before they'd issue.

I guess I'll find out in 2008.  

Then again my CPL renewal is in a couple of months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top