Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 10:12:20 PM EDT
Hello,

Was thinking of picking up a KT15, but lack the basic necessitites of finishing it.  Is there anyone in the greater Sea/Tac area that would be willing to assist me in terms of tooling and know-how?  I come bearing malted beverages and an eagerness to learn.  Thanks.

D-R
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nobody has jumped all over this?

I just woke up, damn it!

I'm in Everett. I have the tools. IM me if you're willing to come up this way and we'll getter done.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just woke up, damn it!

I'm in Everett. I have the tools. IM me if you're willing to come up this way and we'll getter done.

Where you hide the drill press?

OK, link me, bitch. What am I getting into? I can whore myself out for access to a drill press if I have to.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just woke up, damn it!

Where you hide the drill press?

OK, link me, bitch. What am I getting into? I can whore myself out for access to a drill press if I have to.

I assume he means a Kristi Tool 80% lower. I could be wrong though.

Oooops...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, you guys are fast!  Yes, I am going to try to do a Kristi Machine Tool 80%.  I think it involves tapping the buffer tube, drilling some holes, and machining the bolt catch slot.  The last bit is the thing that has me worried.  Should I try a casting that already has that and just worry about the buffer tube threads?  Thanks for all the responses so far, look forward to getting this baby done!

D-R
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow, you guys are fast!  Yes, I am going to try to do a Kristi Machine Tool 80%.  I think it involves tapping the buffer tube, drilling some holes, and machining the bolt catch slot.  The last bit is the thing that has me worried.  Should I try a casting that already has that and just worry about the buffer tube threads?  Thanks for all the responses so far, look forward to getting this baby done!

D-R

In order to complete this frame: Drill take down pin holes (2 req.), drill selector hole, drill fire control holes (2 req.), cut mag release slot, cut fork for the upper front take down pin, drill misc. detent pinholes, drill bolt catch hole and drill pistol grip hole.

$255????????????  OUCH!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

D-R

Why not just get a forged lower for around $90-$100 ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Because there is no paper work involved to get it, it does not have a serial number if you don’t want to put one on and you get to say that you made it.

I have made a few 80% ARs and helped some other people but unfortunately I am on the right side of the state and do not have easy access to a mill right now.  I do have the buffer tube tap and the 6 inch 3/32” drill around somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:$255????????????  OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Well, $200.  The KT10 is $255, and a little rich for my blood.  Reasons...well, first of all, it will be a completely handbuilt tool when finished.  Secondly, these babies look like works of art.  I like making things myself, and you can't put a price tag on that.  Something to leave the kids or grandkids if and when that (they) happen(s). :)

D-R
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone?  Did I mention I would bring BEER?  
                                                           D-R
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top