Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 8:57:27 PM EDT
Or am I an asshat? I post an ad in EE, and captain correction police decides to argue a technicality in my listing.....<<SIGH>>  I guess I'll have to wait for this one to drop off and list it again.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
He was correcting your misuse of nomenclature. Nothing to worry about, really. You fixed it, no harm done. Such is life.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait until you get busted by the price patrol!

M4 handguards are oval in shape (AKA the fat kind that you really wanted) and the real ones (from Colt) have double heat shields.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If it makes you feel any better, he misspelled "carbine.'

Those look like carbone handguards to me, never heard of Skinny M4 handguards.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If it makes you feel any better, he misspelled "carbine.'

Those look like carbone handguards to me, never heard of Skinny M4 handguards.

I pointed that out too....I'm just a big fan of the IM aside "Hey dude, not to be a prick, but TECHNICALLY.....etc etc"
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
And now,  In B 4 The Move....
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
HEY!!!
I have a nice <edited out violation>
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Because its better than being an asshole?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#8]
EVERYBODY knows gun types are just ignorant, redneck, morons with no teefs, bad attitudes and no brains. So, it only stands to reason that we would engage in meanness and stupidity at all levels! Sheesh...If we can't fight with the libs, we can fight with each other!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm just curious....M4 profile barrel, collapsible stock, flat top upper...........shoots .223/5.56....If I swap out the hand guards between skinny and fat......it changes the nomenclature?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm just curious....M4 profile barrel, collapsible stock, flat top upper...........shoots .223/5.56....If I swap out the hand guards between skinny and fat......it changes the nomenclature?

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

<SNIP>>

Oh, ok.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#12]
You forgot the difference between A1, A2, A3 and A4. Hmm what does an M4gery with carbine handguards become? Is it an M4 carbine? Or is it still just an M4? Who really cares?  

ETA: Hmmm, is Mac an asshat? Oh wait, that wasn't the question. Ah...never mind, I mean, no. Er, yes...oh yeah, Assholes are like opinions. Yeah, that's it!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You forgot the difference between A1, A2, A3 and A4. Hmm what does an M4gery with carbine handguards become? Is it an M4 carbine? Or is it still just an M4? Who really cares?  

ETA: Hmmm, is Mac an asshat? Oh wait, that wasn't the question. Ah...never mind, I mean, no. Er, yes...oh yeah, Assholes are like opinions. Yeah, that's it!!!!!

Hrmmm

car·bine    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (kärbn, -bn)
n.
A lightweight rifle with a short barrel

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top