Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 7:25:02 PM EDT
I would like to sandblast and krylon/parkerize/gunkote some Sten mags.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I do, but it's on base here on Whidbey Island.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I need access to one too. I have my home build FAL all broke down. I have a barreled reciever, the lower and a bag full of small parts to do.

There is a place in town that my buddy got his hunting rifle done for $20. I would prefer to do it on my own. I really want to rent a couple hours on one.

Hey scrun, dont you guys need a bead blaster in your shop?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I do, but you have to drive to Kentucky to use it
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't, that is next on the list, we use our buddies two doors down.

When are you shopping?

Will he rent it out by the hour?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would like to sandblast and krylon/perkerize/gunkote some Sten mags.  

Didn't even think to ask me.........
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would like to sandblast and krylon/perkerize/gunkote some Sten mags.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a nice big one CavVet can use. I don't know about simple_in_seattle. Anyone around here met the guy & want to vouch for his character? Sorry I'm a little skittish about having people over I have not met.

ETA: And if ya bring me some Redhook ESB you will be welcome back to use it again......
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:11:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would like to sandblast and krylon/parkerize/gunkote some Sten mags.  

Now simple_in_seattle how do you do this krylon/parkerize/gunkote finish? Details????
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:13:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a nice big one CavVet can use. I don't know about simple_in_seattle. Anyone around here met the guy & want to vouch for his character? Sorry I'm a little skittish about having people over I have not met.

ETA: And if ya bring me some Redhook ESB you will be welcome back to use it again......

You don't really know me either, but I have met him on a few occasions.  He is one hell of a nice guy.  Just don't ask about his Russian Mother In-Law.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:35:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You don't really know me either, but I have met him on a few occasions.  He is one hell of a nice guy.  Just don't ask about his Russian Mother In-Law.

I can vouch for him if when he brings his.....

Bad CavVet......

Anywho, I didnt know you had one RS. Redhook ESB? No problem!  

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He hangs out with me.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn you Gibby and Cav!!!  

I would sandblast them and then determine what route to take (grab a parkerizing kit, some gunkote and bake, or krylon and bake).  After all, these are just sten mags not anything which requires too much costmetic attention.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Could have but I suffer from CRS.

simple_in_seattle I live north of Puyallup 5 miles. Just IM me when/if you want to come down. Make sure you have all the greas off the mags before hand.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
No problem.  Yes we met at last LCR...but I think your Krink pistol might have caused you to go into shock for the duration.

I don't make it down to Puyallup very often...maybe we can get together around the next WAC show.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Teknic came by last night and had 1/2 a dozen AR pipes with him to sand blast. All I can say is, it did not sound like he was going to be keeping these babies for himself. Good thing there are those that share.

On a side note. I hate to say this but far as sand blasting goes at my house.... I would like to limit it to those of you I have met and you are more than welcome. Unless of course you are a ... Sorry but I'm just not the most trusting person you will meet & this is the internet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
On a side note. I hate to say this but far as sand blasting goes at my house.... I would like to limit it to those of you I have met and you are more than welcome. Unless of course you are a ... Sorry but I'm just not the most trusting person you will meet & this is the internet.

I can't blame you.  There are in every crowd.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top