Posted: 8/17/2005 1:50:47 PM EDT

I hope you're happy now you fuck.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the Mega lower isn't the same color as the upper..
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
They look exactly the same except for the logo!

I'll bet they function the same as well. Man, I hate politics.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
IB~~
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#7]
So whatcha building with your SNS lower?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So whatcha building with your SNS lower?

Well I heard that they great when recycled into beer cans.............

www.iupac.org/images/ci/2004CI/2602/beer%20cans.jpg

Anything that gives it's life to be made into a Beercan has my Respect.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Wanna get rid of that SNS lower?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wanna get rid of that SNS lower?

Nope.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Considering it's a Clot upper.....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Considering it's a Clot upper.....

Quoted:

But the SNS matches a little better
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Only because the SNS lower and the clot upper have been rubbed down with break free and the Mega lower has not.

Quoted:
But the SNS matches a little better

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I like both SNS and Mega.  What does that make me?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Bisexual in the receiver?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a Mega machine shop fan.............

Haven't seen Devin's machine shop, have you?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

KA3B. I knew you would wake up one day.
Oh yeah, IBTL.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It's a BLACK  THING...

(...only because I gave in, had a beer, and posted on the internet...)
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

But I do see that Iblis and Teknic and many others support our site and deserve our business.

+1
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nope, haven't seen his Team membership or Dealer account either.............

But I do see that Iblis and Teknic and many others support our site and deserve our business.

And thats where the rubber hits the road right there.

We do have some really good financial supporters around here.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#24]
What is that big-ass tire attached to? and haven't I seen that face at GF?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:10:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What is that big-ass tire attached to? and haven't I seen that face at GF?

Thats CavVet's Toyota
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been there a few times.  Bought a two piece sten mag block, had a barrell threaded w vortex, etc.  Near the airport in Snohomish attached to the machine shop.  I saw some 80 percent receivers there...not sure if he is making them himself but I say it would be a fair assessment (machine shop on site, 80 percent receivers, etc).

I'm not dipping into the politics of it all since its a dead horse around the WA HTF.  Saying I don't support Iblis/Mega because I have dealings with SNS isn't true (Affirming the Consequent Logical Fallacy if I remember correctly?).  I'm thankful for any dealer who supports the ar15.com and local shooting community.  Especially those like Iblis who I've purchased a weapon from, and will continue to direct my business towards.

I did ask Devin why he doesn't have a dealers member here and it sounded like it boiled down to cost at the moment.  That and being able to produce the appropriate volume in order to be price competative in a commodity market.  

Just running the numbers:

Mega - 89 bucks a receiver.  What do they make in profit?  20 bucks tops?  You would have to do 30 receivers to break even on advertising here just for 6 months ($100 per month).  However, I do think there are some value adds if you do gunsmithing, sell complete rifles or parts (two piece sten mag blocks).  I don't see the small gun guys (Greenlight Arms, SNS, Carricoz, Blackwell Industries in Mukilteo) getting rich....probobly just enough to support a very addictive hobby.

To me, it seems as though there would be no better venue for improving your business.  You pay for the dealer membership to obtain the desired amount of business....not wait for the business to grow so you can afford to advertise.  The AR15 fanatic community is so small, one could reap good benefits by direct marketing to your core customer base (here).  You can save a considerable amount of marketing dollars since you don't have to go hunting for your core demographic.  Especially when SNS is an AR15 specific business.  Maybe its my business degree talking....I could probobly advertise and market SNS product far better than Devin since it appears he's potentially alienated alot of his client base.  

Rather unfortunate since he seems like a nice guy.  One of my personal behavioral flaws is to give people the benefit of the doubt.  My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been there a few times.  Bought a two piece sten mag block, had a barrell threaded w vortex, etc.  Near the airport in Snohomish attached to the machine shop.  I saw some 80 percent receivers there...not sure if he is making them himself but I say it would be a fair assessment (machine shop on site, 80 percent receivers, etc).

I'm not dipping into the politics of it all since its a dead horse around the WA HTF.  Saying I don't support Iblis/Mega because I have dealings with SNS isn't true (Affirming the Consequent Logical Fallacy if I remember correctly?).  I'm thankful for any dealer who supports the ar15.com and local shooting community.  Especially those like Iblis who I've purchased a weapon from, and will continue to direct my business towards.

I did ask Devin why he doesn't have a dealers member here and it sounded like it boiled down to cost at the moment.  That and being able to produce the appropriate volume in order to be price competative in a commodity market.  

Mega - 89 bucks a receiver.  What do they make in profit?  20 bucks tops?  You would have to do 30 receivers to break even on advertising here just for 6 months ($100 per month).  However, I do think there are some value adds if you do gunsmithing, sell complete rifles or parts (two piece sten mag blocks).  I don't see the small gun guys (Greenlight Arms, SNS, Carricoz, Blackwell Industries in Mukilteo) getting rich....probobly just enough to support a very addictive hobby.

To me, it seems as though there would be no better venue for improving your business.  You pay for the dealer membership to obtain the desired amount of business....not wait for the business to grow so you can afford to advertise.  The AR15 fanatic community is so small, one could reap good benefits by direct marketing to your core customer base (here).  You can save a considerable amount of marketing dollars since you don't have to go hunting for your core demographic.  Especially when SNS is an AR15 specific business.  Maybe its my business degree talking....I could probobly advertise and market SNS product far better than Devin since it appears he's potentially alienated alot of his client base.  

Rather unfortunate since he seems like a nice guy.  One of my personal behavioral flaws is to give people the benefit of the doubt.  My 2 cents.

My thoughts also, but then again, it's kind of hard to pony up the funds for a website that has a hometown Mod with a Hard-on for you, continualy insisting you don't make your own products
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My thoughts also, but then again, it's kind of hard to pony up the funds for a website that has a hometown Mod with a Hard-on for you, continualy insisting you don't make your own products

I dont ever recall that.

Got links??

Quoted:

Mega - 89 bucks a receiver.  

Depends on who you uy them from.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#30]
+1 Links please
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#31]
This guy looks like a younger RS_Coyote.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#32]
you mean like this thread?
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=188865
:

or:
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=186769&page=5

CavVet
Team Member Bronze Contributor
"Right Wing Wacko"
Post Number :: 6554

WA, USA

Quoted:
SNS Industries Mega products are top of the line.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand these are good lowers, made by Mega.

I positively 110% take back anything you may have thought I inferred about the quality, as I know Mega's are indeed top notch. But I now am fairly certain these are made by Mega, with the only difference being the logo. And the price.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
you mean like this thread?
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=188865
:

or:
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=186769&page=5

Those threads have nothing to do with:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:47:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:27:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not recall ever making any statements regarding who made what. Any comment I've made about said dealer was in reference to him trying to make sales in this forum after being repeatedly asked not to. Even site supporting dealers must get staff approval to make sales outside of the Equipment Exchange.

For the record he does not give me a hard-on at all.

I'll side with JAFO on this one.  Seems like Devin and JAFO understood each other and both were trying to follow guidelines (moderating and adhering to the COC once warned).  

The internet sucks at providing context...as is evidenced by reading through all of the stuff that was posted the subject of SNS.

Basically it boils down to Devin saying he does produce his own lowers while other folks say he doesn't.  I don't see why he wouldn't since his office is within a fair sized machine shop.  Then again....I've met Scrun on numerous occasions and don't think that his statement would be fabricated.  Cav is just being Cav, and Scrun is just being Scrun.  They both stir the pot, but are probobly some of the nicest and most genuine guys you will ever meet in person.   Just probobly not the most pussified and soft spoken people you will ever meet when it comes to communications styles.  If they offend you, you probobly need to reach down, perform an equipment check and check to see if you have a pair.

What good would the HTF be without a little drama.  I've had good luck with both Mega and SNS so I'll be Switzerland on this issue.  I just hate to see SNS bashing since we need all of the local pro-firearms businesses we can get.  I think the ar15.com and Wa state gun crowdes gets enough bashing from the liberals and hate to see us start bashing ourselves.

So...how about those Seattle Mariners?  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Scrun, I haven't seen a Mega lower in person and I haven't been to their shop, but I do have a few SNS lowers and have been in Devins shop.  I've seen forgings, 80% lowers, unparked lowers, prototypes of mods, even some 1911 forgings he's working on at his shop. His office is in the same building as the machine shop.  To me, that's the preponderance of evidence that he makes his own, but hey, I could be wrong.
It's clear I misspoke when I said the Mods were insisting he wasn't making his own.  Jafo has actually been fairly neutral on the subject of the orgins.

FWIW, if it were me, after the first few lowers sold as a result of this site, I woulda ponied up for the membership.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#42]
nevermind all that.....I just noticed something...

visit

www.snsindustries.com/

Then

blackwellindustries.com/

Does Mega make websites too?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Probably not even a web page company, just a canned Micosoft FrontPage 98 web page.

Quoted:
Looks like they used the same web company, just like they use the same lower manufacturing company.............

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Probably not even a web page company, just a canned Micosoft FrontPage 98 web page.

Quoted:
Looks like they used the same web company, just like they use the same lower manufacturing company.............

Both web sites make me want to claw my eyeballs out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Scrun, I haven't seen a Mega lower in person and I haven't been to their shop, but I do have a few SNS lowers and have been in Devins shop.  I've seen forgings, 80% lowers, unparked lowers, prototypes of mods, even some 1911 forgings he's working on at his shop. His office is in the same building as the machine shop.  To me, that's the preponderance of evidence that he makes his own, but hey, I could be wrong.
It's clear I misspoke when I said the Mods were insisting he wasn't making his own.  Jafo has actually been fairly neutral on the subject of the orgins.

FWIW, if it were me, after the first few lowers sold as a result of this site, I woulda ponied up for the membership.

Things that make a person go  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

When a Team member looks over my rifle and says "Hey how did you get a MEGA without the Gator Grip?", then turns it over to the other side and sees it's not a MEGA but an SNS.

When a Team Member at the June LCR shoot says he was at MEGA and saw a Skull and Crossbones logo on a receiver and thought that SNS was getting a new logo.  Later, we see this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=241136&page=1

As I said things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The one SNS lower I have is being good to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top