Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 12:18:16 PM EDT
If they accidently left their carry piece sitting on the floor of a walmart bathroom?

A customer found it, and brought it management. Management starts to freak out, so they call me. I calm them down and tell them we are not going to call the police, and that we are going to treat it like any other item that is lost/found. It was in a fag bag fanny pack, so I open one of the other zippers and find the guys wallet. I also find his wife's(I assumed) business cards. I call her and tell her what the deal was. She gives me his cell phone number. I gave the guy a call, it sounded something like this:

Me: "Hi, Is [dudes name] there?"
Him: "This is [dude]"
Me: "Hi dude, This is Kooter with Walmart security. You missing anything?"
Him: " OH SHIT"
Me: "No prob dude. I've got it secured, you just need to come back and get it."
Him: "I'll be there in 10 minutes"

He was very appreciative when he got back to the store and I returned his stuff to him.

So assuming I wasn't there, and the cops were called, what would they have done to this guy? I did notice he had a carry permit when I was getting his drivers license out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have taken calls like this before. It seems that the officer's run the handgun to check for stolen, run the name of the person the firearm returns to, Take the firearm into custody, contact the owner, and Im sure they get a little peptalk from the officer when they pick it up.

I think you did good, and saved some 9-1-1 dispatcher and officer some time that would have been wasted on paperwork, and keystrokes.....Hell, you may have saved some little old lady from circling the drain due to a heart attack, because the Dispatcher was not on the line with you, and was saving a life.

You are a Hero!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You are a Hero!

w00t!!

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed! Kooter for sherrif!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya did good Kooter.

When I was workign LP at Fred Meyer up here in Port Orchard, I did some work in several Tacoma stores and in Auburn, and unfortunatly, the mindset of most of the other LP's was one of panic and over-reaction to anything gun related.

I once followed a little shit into the bathroom and watched as a guy (not the kid I was following) stepped up to a stall, pulled his pistol out of his waistband (small little walther PPK type), stuck it under his arm, undid his pants, did his business, buckled back up, put the gun back in the little hidden waistband holster, washed his hands, and then went on his merry way.

Funny the things some people do.......Like drop their Glocks into Mall toilets...

Chris
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Good job!

I'll buy ya a soda @ LCR.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, Kooter, I'm proud of you. You also trained a bunch of people not to over react to a simple problem.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Kooter, you robbed some sheep of a simple pleasure! Good on ya!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Can't happen.  It's a little known fact that, in order to be a Sherriff in the state of Washington, you need to have both testicles.  See RCW572.382.1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't happen.  It's a little known fact that, in order to be a Sherriff in the state of Washington, you need to have both testicles.  See RCW572.382.1

I call BS,  sheriff Rick Bart doesnt have any !
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's that smiley that is flipping someone off?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here ya go...

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
way to go kooter. glad to see mgmt had at least 2 brain cells to rub together and call you first.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here ya go...

flymeaway.net/images/finger.gif

That's the one
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I think you did a great job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top