Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:42:31 PM EDT
Looking into joining the N.G....17 to 40 yrs...sign up bonus...AAS in Criminal Justice...ten years corrections experiance...currently a supervisor.....32 yrs old....looking for money for school....wished I would have joined when I was out of school but didnt...completely.....took the first oath and got screwed by the recruiter..leave date was postponed so I bailed....regretted it ever since...is this a chance to relive by youth or bad mistake?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
If you go in make sure it is because it works for you now, not to make up for bailing before.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll give you one - an opinion that is.

I joined late in life at 28. I was the oldest and without a doubt the most life experienced in my basic flight and in my tech school flight. That meant I was responsible a lot for 17-22 year old kids.

Once I completed that mind game, the experiences that followed were priceless, and I am ever glad that I did it.

Think it through - the first little bit is a mind game that is pretty taxing for an older thinker - but it taught me things as well. If you can make it through that bit in your head, the rest is gravy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll be glad you did. It's nice to be a part of something bigger than your life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top