Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 7:13:16 PM EDT
Had to drive home from the VA hospital to Everett this afternoon. The freeway was backed up from Marysville to the U district so we got off at Lake City Way and headed up Fifteenth Ave. Saw carloads of thugs; tats, baseball caps, headscarves, wifebeater shirts, hard eyed, rough looking young men, three or four in a car, all the way up the road into Everett.

It was kinda creepy to see street gladiators everywhere we looked. I've never seen so many. Must be a fashion thing. I've been thinking about getting a CCW, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely never leave home without it, bad law or no bad law, currently traveling in a chev blazer with no top on it so I have a steel lock box secured and locked for when I need to go into a federal courthouse on biz, if you have to leave the vehicle and the arm behind at least have a vehicle gun-safe installed.

I like to have a M-4 with a duplex 30rmags bare minimum, if you are solo you need all the advantage you can get.

Quoted:
Had to drive home from the VA hospital to Everett this afternoon. The freeway was backed up from Marysville to the U district so we got off at Lake City Way and headed up Fifteenth Ave. Saw carloads of thugs; tats, baseball caps, headscarves, wifebeater shirts, hard eyed, rough looking young men, three or four in a car, all the way up the road into Everett.

It was kinda creepy to see street gladiators everywhere we looked. I've never seen so many. Must be a fashion thing. I've been thinking about getting a CCW, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It sucked here also,

If you needed a ride maybe.

DD
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Welcome to the club.  These are my people, the BusRiders.  
I see them often enough, depending on the route I get on any particular day.
Having 2 weeks off a while back and avoiding King County was a real nice vacation.  When I got back to driving for a living, I started seeing the Kerry/Edwards stickers and other trash.
CCW on the Bus is NOT an option.

I headed up I-5 at 1500 today and bailed out at the Mukilteo Speedway.  Took Beverly Park to 112th; headed up Evergreen to Everett Mall Way to get to my destination.
Saved a LOT of time doing that.
I don't know where in Everett you were going, but if you take the 'Speedway' to the back roads, it can save you from some of the headache of stop-n-go.
Use the right lane...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
$2.75 for the trip to Everett at 70mph would be sahweeeeet.

Went up 15th to 145th, then up Aurora to Costco to refuel. Stayed on 99 the whole way into downtown Everett. Don't know if we saved any time, but it beat the crawl. We only stopped for the lights.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
. We only stopped for the lights.

So you did have a door gunner
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
. We only stopped for the lights.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:12:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Southbound I-5 was smooth as butter...  until Port of Tacoma.

Where were you going?

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Southbound I-5 was smooth as butter...  until Port of Tacoma.

Where were you going?

When we head into Seattle, southbound I-5 usually starts smoothing out about the time we are getting off. It is usually stop and go from Northgate into downtown. Yesterday we came into town while the Blue Angels were practising. Traffic was distracted by smokey loops and bomb bursts, four and six plane formation flight along the freeway and F-18's doing low passes over I-5. I-90 was closed....blah, blah, blah...LOL.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#13]

starts smoothing out about the time we are getting off

If only TRAFFIC were like that!
(...connotations exempt from moderating influences...)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
CCW on the Bus is NOT an option.

Sure!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top