Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 11:30:15 PM EDT
for the AK crowd...
i just bought a kit and im waiting for it in the mail, and i had some questions, what all do i need besides the reciever? im going for the screw method, and was wondering if everything i needed came in the kit minus the receiver? any info is appreciated! and anyone with tools that wants to help me build it say hi ;)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah i got some useful info from the AK side, i was mainly wondering if there was anyone local that has some experience with building AK's
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#4]
if you build it as a pistol then you don't need compliance parts, but you will need to replace the rear trunnion, dpharms.com should have some.
if you build it as a rifle you'll need to get compliance parts and a fake suppressor or very long muzzle brake to be legal.  tapco.com  dpharms.com or midwestarmory.com will have the compliance parts, Ohio Rapidfire or Inrange C2 should have fake suppressors, i don't recall who made the long brakes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
i heard that if i want it as a pistol i need to fill out something called a form1 and pay 200 bucks
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
no, that's if you want a SBR (short barreled rifle) but those aren't allowed in WA state
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I've only built 9 AK's, so I'm no expert, but....
If you build it as a pistol you will need either a new pistol trunnion or you can use your existing trunnion and not cut the folder holes in the side of the receiver. The guy who supplies Scott with pistol trunnions lives close by and always has a table at the Puyallup shows and might bring some with if asked. As long as you cannot readily attatch a buttstock to it and the receiver is "virgin" you are OK.

If you venture down the path of the long gun you will need a permenant muzzle attatchment to bring it out to 16". You can go the extended brake that Military Gun Supply sells or get a fake can, In either case you must either weld, blind pin and weld or high temp. silver solder it on.
  You will need to keep your foreign parts to 10 or less. I suggest FCG(3), receiver(1), pistol grip(1), and your muzzle device(1).

Lastly, screws!?!?!? I am not a purist, I've welded, screwed and riveted (once all on one build!) but you have a somewhat rare piece that will appreciate in value if properly constructed. I can guarantee you that a screw build will never fetch as much as a properly rivetted Krink. Just my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top