Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:45:47 AM EDT
Watching the news this am (Q-13), and they are covering the "outrage" over recruiters at Garfield H.S.  And they talk about how to solve the problem, Seattle School District has laid down some "new rules" concerning military recruiters in high schools:

1.  Military Recruiters must allow recruiters from other careers to be in the same area
Duh, I can't recall any time any recruiters from other businesses recruited at high schools, let alone see any military recruiters telling them to leave

2.  Military Recruiters must sign in when coming onto campus.
Duh, I'm pretty sure ALL non employees of the school are required to sign in

3.  Military Recruiters may only recruit in certain areas.
Duh, as if the recruiters are going to walk into English class and start talking about the infantry during Mrs. Johnston's lecture about George Orwell.

So it would seem that the spin is on the protesters this time....Seems that nothing is different from BEFORE the protest began.  Good on the SSD for making STFU rules and allowing our guys to recruit as the could before!  Doesn't happen too often that I agree with something that comes out of the bureaucracy of Seattle.  Course this could all have to do with the "no child left behind" act which requires recruiters to be allowed on campus in exchange for funds.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
So, leave it to the Seattle School Distruct to have their greatest accomplishment to be doing nothing.  They should have told the protesters to STFU.

It cracks me up that all these liberal stupid fu@king hippie wanna-bees (no offense hippynik) are in our face about recruitment being down because of the war yet they do everything they can to make sure the military gets no break on searching out recruits.  It's the only way these clowns know how to operate.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So, leave it to the Seattle School Distruct to have their greatest accomplishment to be doing nothing.  They should have told the protesters to STFU.

It cracks me up that all these liberal stupid fu@king hippie wanna-bees (no offense hippynick) are in our face about recruitment being down because of the war yet they do everything they can to make sure the military gets no break on searching out recruits.  It's the only way these clowns know how to operate.

HEHE...along with that, one of their complaints on the news was (at least from the 16 year old kid that wanted to sound important) is that money should go to the schools not the military: "They should be handing out books, not bullets.  Kids should be going to college, not Fallujah".  However, by attempting to kick out the recruiters, they drastically cut their funding via the NCLB act.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#3]
And I don't know if the punk noticed but the recruiters do not MAKE YOU JOIN the military.  They are simply there to give an option.  The fucktard can still take underwater basket weaving at his local community college if he so desires.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, or better yet, take a field trip to izzy land and park out in front of a dozer.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Two years after he graduates, he'll be flipping burgers...and decide that "HEY, I can join the military and actually DO something with my life.  Why didn't I do this two years ago?"

.....but he won't be able to find a recruiter because his antics got them banned 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Would you allow recruiters at western state near Buckly ? ( a school for the mentally handicaped)

The public fool indoctrination systems do not produce anything I want in the armed services, change the fool indoctrination system to a school of learning and then it should not matter what kind of recruiter haunted the halls !
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Would you allow recruiters at western state near Buckly ? ( a school for the mentally handicaped)

The public fool indoctrination systems do not produce anything I want in the armed services, change the fool indoctrination system to a school of learning and then it should not matter what kind of recruiter haunted the halls !

Well, Strat, I'm gonna say you ALMOST have a good point.  The for instance I gave in my last post is well....what happens to alot of us.  I consider myself a born again conservative.  I was a hippy at one point, thought I would change the world.  Thougth that protesting and all that stuff was cool.  Well, then at some point, I needed a job, and I joined the army, and it's amazing how a couple of months can set you straight.  As long as we understand that these brats kids are just trying to feel important about themselves and don't actually have a clue what they are talking about.  They will turn out ok in the end.  The real problem is the ADULTS, that listen to brats kids, and think that these kids have any clue about the real world.

What was it Churchill said?

If you are young and not a liberal, you have no heart.
If you are old and not a conservative, you have no brain.

Something like that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 The real problem is the ADULTS, that listen to brats kids, and think that these kids have any clue about the real world.

Something like that.

You are conceding the point with that response, the young are bastards regardless of parental marraige status, you expect the state to raise the children and instill moral values which is impossible from a legal fiction.

Where does the youth learn real patriotism ? and what are their moral values based on ?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 The real problem is the ADULTS, that listen to brats kids, and think that these kids have any clue about the real world.

Something like that.

You are conceding the point with that response, the young are bastards regardless of parental marraige status, you expect the state to raise the children and instill moral values which is impossible from a legal fiction.

Where does the youth learn real patriotism ? and what are their moral values based on ?

First of all, you got me all wrong...so I would hope that the use of the word "you" is as part of an anecdote and not an attempt to insult me.  I absolutely do NOT want the state to raise my children.  And to a finer point, If I have my choice my daughter will not be exposed to public schools, I will put her in a private school.  My point is simply this (from my own experience):  Most kids want to be rebelious, want to speak out, fit in etc.  I was raised a patriot as well. And most of them are morons, as was I.  However, that did not cause me to be a horrible prospect for the military.  The military molded me into what I am today.  I was very decorated and served my country proudly, regardless of what kind of liberal idiot I was in my younger years.  The military can and will mold anyone into a true human being given the chance.  I watched it wash out the ones that would not.  10 years later, I am an honest, hard working, patriot.  I own property, I do not suckle at the govt teat.  I am working to become more and more involved in politics to be able to help set  things right.  Please don't miss my point Strat, I am not giving these brats excuses, Just dissagreeing with your statement of  "The public fool indoctrination systems do not produce anything I want in the armed services".  I was a product of the California fool system which is about as assed up as you can imagine, and not to toot my own horn, but I was a DAMN good soldier and proud servant to my nation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top