Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 9:37:13 PM EDT
'Cause I are FN-FAL dumb.

Just picked up an Enterprise arms metric, and need to get rid of the furniture. It's currently got a bizarro thumbhole stock pistol grip assy, and black plastic forearm, I'd like to go with the Isreali Heavy wood style...

How hard is this to do? How much?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Local guy, Eric....

Blackwell Industries, at the gunshows.

Talk to him. He does all that FAL stuff.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Uhhhhhh, local to "youse guys" there, or to me here in Spokane? (Got any other contact info?)
Any idea if he's going to be at the Lewis and Clark show 6-7 AUG time-frame?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll dig up some info. Over on THAT side, Coyote Gulch in Sunnyside does the same work.

Coyote Gulch Website.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice stuff, the prices seem to be "okay" as well. Took a look around in the images gallery, and that blondish Isreali wood is definetly what I want.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#5]
If you come down here to get the work done we could see about putting a shoot together.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=206346&page=1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice stuff, the prices seem to be "okay" as well. Took a look around in the images gallery, and that blondish Isreali wood is definetly what I want.

Erex bought one of those from Coyote Gulch about 2 years ago. 5000+ rounds, not a hiccup. His gun is beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I can do it for ya matt, findding the furnature might be the biggist obsticle though, check the Fal files marketplace for the furnature, you might get a good deal... the army surplus on N division might have some as well, they used to carry all sorts of odds and ends for the fal but I don't know if they still do>  Kevin the guy who ran the place was a major Fal Freak but he has since moved on to better things.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Erex bought one of those from Coyote Gulch about 2 years ago. 5000+ rounds, not a hiccup. His gun is beautiful.

They do have a great[/b[ reputation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi, all,

I've had Mark at Coyote Gulch do work for me before.  They guy is as good as his reputation.  Every time he's done any work for me, it's come out better than anticipated.

Since you're in Spokane and probably won't make it to the WAC shows, just contact him via e-mail.  Sunnyside isn't all that close to you either, it's between Yakima and the Tri-Cities, IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
'Cause I are FN-FAL dumb.

Just picked up an Enterprise arms metric, and need to get rid of the furniture. It's currently got a bizarro thumbhole stock pistol grip assy, and black plastic forearm, I'd like to go with the Isreali Heavy wood style...

How hard is this to do? How much?

You will need an FAL Buttstock Tool to take off the stock. It's about $10.00 and worth it.
As I recall there is just the pistol grip screw and buttstock screw holing the stock on, but the buttstock screw also holds in a long, tightly coiled, monster of a spring and that's where the buttstock tool comes in.
Go the the falfiles.com and the a guy call the Gun Parts Guy out of Vancouver, WA that has just about any info you would need on FALs.

Good Luck!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Mark at Coyote Gulch does great work. LawTalkingGuy is a bit of a FAL-O-PHILE has had several FALs done by Mark. They've all been first rate.

Eric at Blackwell Industries sets up at the shows with AKs and FALs as well. They look good too. I know they are both full service shops. One for the East side, one for the West side. We're pretty lucky in WA.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#12]
HERE'S ANOTHER +1 FOR WWW.GUNPARTSGUY.COM  OUTTA VANCOUVER, I KNOW JIM PERSONALLY AND HE'S COOL, KNOWS HIS STUFF AND HAS GOOD PRICES TOO....

HE CAN ADVISE YOU ON THE  'OTHER' PARTS YOU NEED TO KEEP THE RIFLE 922 COMPLIANT, AS IF YOU JUST PUT ON THE STOCK AND PISTOL GRIP, YOU MAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE BATBOYS, UNLESS YOU REPLACE SOME OTHER PARTS WITH US MADE ONES....

AND YEAH, THAT BUTTSTOCK TOOL IS REALLY THE BALLS.....CAN'T IMAGINE REPLACEING ONE WITHOUT THAT TOOL...SOMETHING OF A 'MONKEY AND A FOOTBALL' COMES TO MIND...............
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You will need an FAL Buttstock Tool to take off the stock. It's about $10.00 and worth it.

+1 on the tool.  My first FAL I disassembled, I tried without the tool.  I'm not entirely sure where the recoil springs and plunger came down, but I believe it was somewhere in Snohomish County.  I'm glad my face wasn't in front of it.  Kind of reminded me of the guy who unscrewed the equilibrator on the tank that one time.

As far as the Israeli furniture...

There are four basic types of FAL.  Metric, Inch, Israeli, and Indian.  Israeli is mostly metric and Indian is mostly inch, with some differences.  Among the Israeli, there are heavy and light barrel versions.  Each uses some slightly different parts.  For the most part, the Israeli specific parts will be gas plug, gas piston, gas tube and selector.  Also, the Israeli rifles had a "forward assist" cocking handle and breech block.

Brad at www.gunthings.com carries a very nice selection of Israeli parts.  I've done business with him before and they're good people.  Also has some nice photos of IDF troops.

I wasn't aware GPG was in WA.  He's pretty active on FAL Files, as well, and seems ok.

I built up a wood stocked rifle with American walnut furniture from Ironwood Designs.  My cousin has it now.  He traded me a very nice 1936 Krieghoff Luger for it.  

My current FAL is wearing black DS Arms furniture.

ETA - with Israeli heavy furniture, you'll need some spacers and stuff under the handguards.  FYI.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a fal built by Coyote Gulch and the furniture is the same for mounting as the L1A1
shoots straight as hell

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I had a fal built by Coyote Gulch and the furniture is the same for mounting as the L1A1
shoots straight as hell

I used to not like FALs...  but Erex has a really nice one!  Its not bad at all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
shoots straight as hell

hr

I used to not like FALs...  but Erex has a really nice one!  Its not bad at all.

corse the L1A1 was century arms (metric convertid to inch  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks one and all, I'm not ignoring you guys, my interent access is extremely limited during the week- I guess I'm sold on CG though....this rifle might just be a case of it's cheaper to have it done than screw it up and then have it done......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top