BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 9:08:58 PM EDT
Any WETside hunters here?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I tend to spend lots of my time walking along hillsides, or sitting on my ass freezing with a Rem 700 in my hands trying to locat something brown and furry to shoot during the hunting season...

Does that count?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Deer Hunting is tough on the Wetside.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#4]
It can be tough but it's convenient.  If I'm unable to get a trip planned to the Eastside I want to find a place not too far away that I can hunt  on short notice.   I used to be able to bow or shotgun hunt close to my home but suburbia has pushed the deer into oncoming cars.

Are there any good access points (safe & free parking) in the Granite Falls, Mountain Loop, Darrington and/or Northwest WA?  I'd like to  start scouting now.  Area's requiring hiking and/or mountain biking too would be ideal.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Are there any good access points (safe & free parking) in the Granite Falls, Mountain Loop, Darrington and/or Northwest WA?  I'd like to  start scouting now.  Area's requiring hiking and/or mountain biking too would be ideal.

In the Granite Falls area, have you done any checking out of the P5000 road? (off menzil lake rd)

There is the pilchuck tree farm also.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Now that my pussification is complete, I only hunt the east side.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I seem to have the same affliction that R-32 has.  

I also tend to see lots of grouse when I've got the '06 in my hands and lots of deer when I have the 12 gauge in my hand.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I seem to have the same affliction that R-32 has.  

I also tend to see lots of grouse when I've got the '06 in my hands and lots of deer when I have the 12 gauge in my hand.

I freikin hate grouse! They scare the crap out of me when they fly up from under my feet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Isn't it legal to take grouse with a rifle?  Taking along a few plinker rounds would seem ideal for them.

In boy scouts we used to shoot a 00 buckshot ball pressed into a 30-06 case with a primer and a 22 shell scoop of Bullseye (might have been unique, but it's been 30+ years).  We'd shoot for hours in his back yard.  Pretty accurate too.  I've always thought it would be a good idea to take a few along but never have...  Quiet, acurate and a ton of fun.  I bet the scouts these days would have cow if the scouts actually shot guns...  I heard the "hunting" merit badge is really a photo hunt.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Isn't it legal to take grouse with a rifle?  

If I remmember right, you can, I think there is a 3 a day limit up to a total of 9 in your posession, and they can be hunted on a Big Game or a Small Game license.

I will have to go check out my Regs for this year. to be 100% sure

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top