Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/28/2005 1:11:35 PM EDT
Unless somebody has some objection?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I object!

But only because I can't make it. We're getting ready to head back to NE around then to pick up a cow.
Can't pass up 500 lbs. of NE corn fed beef for free!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I forgot to mention that 2WP IM'd me looking for some shooting time. With a little luck, this may be an historical event.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I object!

But only because I can't make it. We're getting ready to head back to NE around then to pick up a cow.

FREE!! is it mad?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Now if R-32 would show up....
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody from down south a little going up?  I think fun times could be had
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anybody from down south a little going up?  I think fun times could be had

Dude, you have got to get some wheels
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I might be able to make appearance.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Now if R-32 would show up....

Maybe I know something you guys dont...

Then maybe not...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I object!

FREE!! is it mad?

I should hope not, but seeing as it's coming from the Father-In-Law, I may have it tested!
Yes, I married a NE farm girl.
No, she doesn't look like this --->

She looks like this:
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be there, But Im not meeting up at Mcscarf and barf, and Im going to be there around 10:00-10:30, If I go at noon, I will never get any shooting done before I have to leave for work...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I object!

FREE!! is it mad?

Naa, just pissed off
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I will be there, But Im not meeting up at Mcscarf and barf, and Im going to be there around 10:00-10:30, If I go at noon, I will never get any shooting done before I have to leave for work...

Cool, I'll meet you there between 1030 - 1100.  My 15yo wants to shoot (it's her first time) and I have to be at work @ 1415 hrs.  I look like this ~~~~~~~>
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, Maaaaaaan...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I might be coming up with a friend or two from my unit.  Anyone mind if more infantrymen come shoot with ya'll?  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#16]
So who is going to be there with a camera to get photographic evidence that R-32 was indeed there and not just some clever ruse.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So who is going to be there with a camera to get photographic evidence that R-32 was indeed there and not just some clever ruse.

My 15 yo is going to her first shoot so I'll have my camera.  By the way, you want water or pop.  I still owe you that drink.  (can't go to Razzles)
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My 15 yo is going to her first shoot so I'll have my camera.  By the way, you want water or pop.  I still owe you that drink.  (can't go to Razzles)

I have to pick up a load with the truck sunday morning and come back and unload before I can drive north, don't know if i can do it fast enough to make it there before noon, maybe in the pm before i can get there.

I'm thinking of changing the stg-58 to 4x scope instead of the EOTech thats on it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I might be coming up with a friend or two from my unit.  Anyone mind if more infantrymen come shoot with ya'll?  

Not at all...

I'm not sure R-32 can be photograghed. I don't think his image will reflect.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not at all...

I'm not sure R-32 can be photograghed. I don't think his image will reflect.

Tried to get tommorrow off, but to no avail...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I might try to go.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#22]
If you guys don't mind someone with Warsaw pact toys joining in, I might make it. Depends on whether or not my new Romy 47's paint cures tonight. I need to test the pig as I just got it about done today. I got a Yugo SKS to test, too. I was out at one shoot a while back with my son, the weekend the old guy fell off the mountain.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If you guys don't mind someone with Warsaw pact toys joining in, I might make it. Depends on whether or not my new Romy 47's paint cures tonight. I need to test the pig as I just got it about done today. I got a Yugo SKS to test, too. I was out at one shoot a while back with my son, the weekend the old guy fell off the mountain.

Toy are toys.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I will definitely be there.  We're gonna leave here probably around 10am or so, which'll place us at McChevron between 11:30 and noon, most likely.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, I'll meet you there between 1030 - 1100.  My 15yo wants to shoot (it's her first time) and I have to be at work @ 1415 hrs.  I look like this ~~~~~~~>

Cool, I look like this--------------->
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Welcome to the WA forum hugegator.
You would know me from the shoots at the other board.

For those that don't know, hugegator is an extra experienced AK builder and a nice guy too.

Watch out gator, I just ordered my first AR from the EE. Hanging out at arfcom can get expensive.I may try to make it to the shoot tomorrow but salmon burgers at the ballard seafoodfest is competing for my time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I just ordered my first AR from the EE. Hanging out at arfcom can get expensive.

You got that part right...

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Cool, I look like this--------------->

"Honestly Officer, I didn't see that vampire in my rearview mirror when I backed over him."
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the kind words cugir. I'm still trying to figure out who you are.

Unfortunately I won't make it as the stain on my furniture is still tacky and I still need to apply some tung oil after it finishes. I can wait until I get the other 5 built and take them all out at once I am feeling the itch for an AR. I've been wondering which AK's I need to get rid of to make room for one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I can't go.  Got called into work.  Mainline break in 3 places.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Thanks for the kind words cugir. I'm still trying to figure out who you are.

IM sent.

Off to seafoodfest. I'll make the next GF shoot.....with my new AR.

Pics of my baby here www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=286510&page=1
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Today saw both R-32 and Stratiotes at the shoot. Tumbleweed, voilsb & fellow GI, Gibby, R-32 & coworker, Strat & friends, Chopped Liver and One Fat Bunny. As the sun rose in the sky, the firing line was pushed back closer to the trees until about Four PM, when the area was abandoned to the Great Yellow Orb.
Now it's off to Razzals.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Today saw both R-32 and Stratiotes at the shoot. Tumbleweed, voilsb & fellow GI, Gibby, R-32 & coworker, Strat & friends and One Fat Bunny. As the sun rose in the sky, the firing line was pushed back closer to the trees until about Four PM, when the area was abandoned to the Great Yellow Globe.

Now it's off to Razzels.

Which one was Stratiotes?  I'm glad to hear no one was injured by "the sweepers".  Plus you guys that didn't show could of seen my lay DaBunny out.  As for my aim?  I hit what I was shooting at.
The dirt!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
[  I hit what I was shooting at.

The dirt!

Are you implying that no one brought targets?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I missed today's, but was at last GF shoot.  

I am curious---how many yards do you guys figure it is from the shooting line to where the backstop starts sloping uphill?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Today saw both R-32 and Stratiotes at the shoot. Tumbleweed, voilsb & fellow GI, Gibby, R-32 & coworker, Strat & friends and One Fat Bunny. As the sun rose in the sky, the firing line was pushed back closer to the trees until about Four PM, when the area was abandoned to the Great Yellow Globe.

Now it's off to Razzels.

Geez, what am I? Chopped liver???
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I missed today's, but was at last GF shoot.  

I am curious---how many yards do you guys figure it is from the shooting line to where the backstop starts sloping uphill?

I think bobity did a test with a laser range finder he had and it came out to 80 yards.  Possibly 90 yards to the back tree line.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[  I hit what I was shooting at.

The dirt!

Are you implying that no one brought targets?

No there were targets..... I just could not hit one to save my life.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now it's off to Razzels.

And Chopped Liver!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice day at the pit, went through a half case of HSM. Oh well, that's what I bought it for. Good to see R-32 again , hopefully not the last. Food at Razzals went well with the Mack and Jack, and then there was Danni, who has a personal message for CavVet. Unfortunately my cell phone battery is dead so I'll just have to share it: "Hi Bitch". I guess she misses you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

No there were targets..... I just could not hit one to save my life.  

Not to worry.  Remember ,Gibby--you are part of a team now!!  The important thing is that you are able to hit one to save the rest of our lives.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
and then there was Danni, who has a personal message for CavVet. Unfortunately my cell phone battery is dead so I'll just have to share it: "Hi Bitch". I guess she misses you.

She wants me.

We have got to get her to go shooting with us, if only once!

Once and she will be hooked. And what a purdy mouth. Damn.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now it's off to Razzels.

More like chopped back bacon I'd say.

Maybe minced kraft dinner.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I had a good time today, It was good to meet the new face's, and My buddy Kevin was really happy that his new AR worked out fine. ( damn thing better have, I built it). Voilsb It was a honor to meet you and your driver,  The two of you actually remminded me what it was like to be back in the military with you story's of well....Like what the Army does best...Sit and wait for the final word..Over and Over and Over.. I look at pic's of the new troops sometime's and think how young you all look, and think Damn they are just kids, But then I remmember what it was like at that age, and what I was thinking also ( Nothing can stop me, and I need more beer). You guys are going to be just fine, Heck, I think at the time I was there all but 2 were Prior service and after looking again...Well you all may look like young kids, but the rest of us are starting to look like Old Men...

When it comes down to it, I know that you are Men, getting ready to do a Mans job..

Good luck to ya, and God bless.

( And I still think you should change your MOS to 91W)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#45]
91W?  Hell man.  19D.  Can I get a Haooa!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

< Sound of Cricket's churping>
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

< Sound of Cricket's churping>

What no love for the Armored Cav?!!

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, as an 11 series, the only non-infantry MOSs that I don't consider POGs are Combat Medics (92W), FISTers (13F), and Special Forces (CMF 18).  Borderline MOSs are Combat Engineer (12B) and Cav Scout (19D).  But those depend heavily the unit they're with and the individual.

But that's just the view of an arrogant Infantryman who's jaded that he's stuck in a leg unit (and a cav one at that!).

Oh, by the way.  That if that whole "If you ain't Cav, you ain't shit" is true, does that mean that if you are Cav, that you're shit?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Oh, by the way.  That if that whole "If you ain't Cav, you ain't shit" is true, does that mean that if you are Cav, that you're shit?

That is generally the response...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Well, as an 11 series, the only non-infantry MOSs that I don't consider POGs are Combat Medics (92W), FISTers (13F), and Special Forces (CMF 18).  Borderline MOSs are Combat Engineer (12B) and Cav Scout (19D).  But those depend heavily the unit they're with and the individual.

But that's just the view of an arrogant Infantryman who's jaded that he's stuck in a leg unit (and a cav one at that!).

Fix'd your typo... Combat Medic.... 91W used to be 91A then 91B

13F is a pretty cool MOS, but those guys have to hump a lot of gear.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top