Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 8:05:27 AM EDT
Or is the sad thing that I am calling two days away a vacation?

Doesn't matter...does anyone have any good suggestions for stuff to do down in Portland?  We are going to the market on Saturday, but really that is the only thing planned that I know of.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
uhhhh I saw you at the last LCR Shoot.

ETA - And the things I do in P-town would probably not be your thing.

Strip clubs and alcohol is a vacation for anyone........
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
uhhhh I saw you at the last LCR Shoot.

True, true...but that is camping...and involved trying to pee in the woods

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Join the Military Reserves...

Two week vacation every year!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a fine dining establishment to suggest. It is called Dancin' Bare. It is on N. Interstate Ave. I am not sure of their vegematarian selection though. I know they have nice big burgers for a reasonable price.

Dancin' Bare..........Sounds delicious!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Might as well check out the Acropolis Steakhouse, too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm assuming this is teh establishment You are speaking of:

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Might as well check out the Acropolis Steakhouse, too.

+1
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I will never claim to have had a vacation until I spend a week in Bangkok.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

huh huh.....you said BangKok
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

huh huh.....you said BangKok

Yeah, but I didn't say Bang Cock, actually that sounds like the operation of a lever action rifle. They should just rename it Hotcheaphookersville Thailand and be done with it. Sorry for derailing the thread, resume discussion.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#14]
i am 21 and never been on vacation before......... But i have a tikka t3 tactical with leupy lrt scope. springfield trp operator. and bushy modular carbine with tons of goodies!.......

you cant have your cake and eat it too
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#15]
You are 22?  IMHO, your life to this point is a vacation.  Wait til you have a family, bills, mortgage, career, student loans, shitty job etc.  You will realize how great you had it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You are 22?  IMHO, your life to this point is a vacation.  Wait til you have a family, bills, mortgage, career, student loans, shitty job etc.  You will realize how great you had it.

age means nothing in that capacity since I have been paying my own way in this life since I was 12.  

And I do have a family and bills and my own business and a shitty job I work 40hrs a week in to pay for all that and I had student loans but I have paid them off already because I made that a priority.

ergo, why in the 22 years of my life I have not splurged on a weekend away.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

age means nothing in that capacity since I have been paying my own way in this life since I was 12.  

And I do have a family and bills and my own business and a shitty job I work 40hrs a week in to pay for all that and I had student loans but I have paid them off already because I made that a priority.

dvr9 got owned by a hippy....................
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#18]
You didn't get PCR-00 to take you to Vegas?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You didn't get PCR-00 to take you to Vegas?

I don't get vacation from work, so I couldn't go.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#20]
That sucks...maybe next time???
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

muhahahahaha....than I have had four vacations. Thanks Uncle Sammy'!!! Anyways, if you ever get there just say the word "fishbowl" to any cabbie and you are set , and go to Kanchanaburi for a couple days. It is a couple hours by bus/train away and it's own little version of heaven on earth. All that is "good" about Bangkok can be had there, usually cheaper, with none of the "bad". Kanchanaburi is also where the real Bridge Over the River Kwai is, a cool place really....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Well, as of November I am outta work and on a permanent vacation (stupid contracts ) so anything is possible...

And I do have a bachlorette party to have so maybe this time I will go without HIM

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, as of November I am outta work and on a permanent vacation (stupid contracts ) so anything is possible...

And I do have a bachlorette party to have so maybe this time I will go without HIM

I'll miss you
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, I like it down there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's ok.  IIRC, she is a cute hippy
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah she is cool. She does not smell like most hippies..............
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

muhahahahaha....than I have had four vacations. Thanks Uncle Sammy'!!! Anyways, if you ever get there just say the word "fishbowl" to any cabbie and you are set , and go to Kanchanaburi for a couple days. It is a couple hours by bus/train away and it's own little version of heaven on earth. All that is "good" about Bangkok can be had there, usually cheaper, with none of the "bad". Kanchanaburi is also where the real Bridge Over the River Kwai is, a cool place really....

"Psssssst hey buddy, FISHBOWL"
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah she is cool. She does not smell like most hippies..............

Well thank you both for the compliments
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top