Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 7:37:07 PM EDT
We are under 30 days, and I was just reading another thread which sparked a thought to post this.

Whoever brought the TV's to the last LCR, please dont do it again. And please dont anyone else bring anything else like that if you dont clean it up.

This was my only complaint about the whole thing, and I wanted it said far and wide before the shoot, so I dont have to say anything to anyone and have any hard feelings.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought about picking up some tough rubber dog chew toys (sort of like the Kongs) to use as reactive targets, they may be as fun as the $75 "sniper cube" I have seen advertised.  I wonder how they'll hold up?  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Would a dog chew be big enough to see at 50+ yards?? Maybe for young eyes, not for mine.

I think the best targets I saw used down there, were 2 liters filled with water (and food coloring) and frozen. They were hung by a string onto a wooden frame. Great idea, easy cleanup!

Clays always work great. The bowling pins are fun, durable, and last a long time. They arent that hard to clean up either.

That damn TV.....  

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
How about plywood and paper?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We are under 30 days, and I was just reading another thread which sparked a thought to post this.

Whoever brought the TV's to the last LCR, please dont do it again. And please dont anyone else bring anything else like that if you dont clean it up.

This was my only complaint about the whole thing, and I wanted it said far and wide before the shoot, so I dont have to say anything to anyone and have any hard feelings.

+10000000000

Those were not fun to clean up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
But... but... what am I gonna do with this damn old refrigerator now?!

And does this mean I shouldn't bring my collection of blow up dolls??
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No problem whatsoever.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But... but... what am I gonna do with this damn old refrigerator now?!

Do you really want me to tell you???

And does this mean I shouldn't bring my collection of blow up dolls??

As long as they stay in your tent.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem whatsoever.

sounds an lot like an actual target....
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

CAN I BRING A WASHING MACHINE, CAR WINDSHIELD, COMPUTER MONITOR AND A WATER HEATER? :)
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
CAN I BRING A WASHING MACHINE, CAR WINDSHIELD, COMPUTER MONITOR AND A WATER HEATER? :)

Sure, walk your ass on down there and set em up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#11]
How about a 4 x 8 sheet of plate glass?  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How about a 4 x 8 sheet of plate glass?  

Quoted:

Sure, walk your ass on down there and set em up.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Uhh he doesn't have a tent...He slept in the 'Runner RV.

What happens in the RV, stays in the RV..........

Unless scrun is there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Is anyone going to be sleeping next to the fire this time?  Or would we need to have a .454 night shoot again to get one of those.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Is anyone going to be sleeping next to the fire this time?  Or would we need to have a .454 night shoot again to get one of those.

The real question should be any Tannerite group buy this time?  And how many glowsticks/tracers/flares/propane will be needed?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Does this mean you no longer have the .454
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Would you like to buy it??  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Sorry. I meant it as a joke, kinda tongue in cheek.

headpulper, you have IM.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Run a static line 8 feet above the ground, paracord works fine, tie balloons to the line with string, the wind will bow them around they pop when you hit them and clean up is very easy.

If I don't have a FTX I will bring whats necessary.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Run a static line 8 feet above the ground, paracord works fine, tie balloons to the line with string, the wind will bow them around they pop when you hit them and clean up is very easy.

That actually sounds like a great idea. I bet I can hit the string before any of you old farts
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:00:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That actually sounds like a great idea. I bet I can hit the string before any of you old farts

At 100 yds offhand with a 308 in the wind, You would think it is easier hitting the string..
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually that string line and some cloths pins would work out pretty good I bet and easy to setup to boot. Of course someone would shoot the pins to hell and gone though...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Pilot bicuits AKA Mt. Pilot Bread, which is basically CD-sized hardtack.  Makes decent targets and you don't have to worry about cleanup as the local critters will take care of it.  You can even work a sort of skeet thing.
Heck, you could probably dye them colors to make them easier to see.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#27]
those cheap lolypops work good and you just press them into the ground useing the stick, they explode when hit and all you have to worry about is the stick. hy.gif
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#28]
keep the ideas coming, but keep in mind:

-most people have never plinked at 75-100 yards until they get to an LCR gravel pit.
  -effects that look cool at 20 yards with a .45 may barely be visible at 100 yards with a .223 e.g beer and soda cans, water bottles, probably lollipops as well.
  -if you shoot 2L or 20oz soda bottles, remove the label and the ring--saves on a lot of cleanup.  A flat head screwdriver is the prefered tool for this job---a perfect use for a worn out (i.e. used twice) Harbor Freight screwdriver
  -bowling pins and empty propane tanks have performed consistently well
  -if you can't get bowling pins, get an untreated 4x4 and cut it into 10"to 12" sections. It helps if you paint it white or yellow---works especially well for pistol
 -bottles of ice are much better than bottles of water
 -what was the verdict on the gong from LCR shoot#1. I think 30 caliber worked well but .223 didn't react well
 - when all else fails.....tennis balls!!...3 for a buck at your local dollar store.  Softballs worked well too.  For night shoot, try the "soak tennis ball in lighter fluid and ignite" method
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if you could soak a tennis ball in the stuff that comes out of a glow stick for night shooting?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#30]
When and where is the next shoot?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
When and where is the next shoot?

Look up!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=198438

ETA Thats the when, the where is a closely guarded secret among the paranoid here, you will need to have a guide in or get directions in person from a kind soul.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks Chairborne. I didn't see the date in the subject line. If it was a snake it would have bit me!So....who is the kind hearted soul that will guide me to the location of this event? Or is the time and place established yet? Thank in advance.
                                    RD6
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Thanks Chairborne. I didn't see the date in the subject line. If it was a snake it would have bit me!So....who is the kind hearted soul that will guide me to the location of this event? Or is the time and place established yet? Thank in advance.
                                    RD6

I am sure as the event gets closer a meeting place will
be announced. The people who started this event do not want to post its location on the internet
so it will not turn into a dump ground
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
                                    RD6

be announced. The people who started this event do not want to post its location on the internet

That and someone just following directions is very likely to get lost.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
                                    RD6

The meeting time is usually 9am at the park and ride at exit 77 off of I-5 that Saturday. If you want to go Friday night, then keep an eye on the thread and someone will probably post a meeting for then also.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That and someone just following directions is very likely to get lost.

It's possible, but unlikely, that even someone who makes it there may end up lost on the way out.

I dunno how unlikely that is, I did get to see Aberdeen for the first time though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top