Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 8:06:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Every gun owner should carefully consider the reasons for having a gun. If there is no compelling need to own a gun, remove it from your home. A gun increases, not decreases, the danger to your family.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Never leave a gun in your vehicle. Guns are often stolen from cars.
Know where your firearms are at all times. You are accountable for them, and you are responsible for your gun not being used against a family member.

Railgun....

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
They make guns sound like little vials of death.  Instead of treating firearms in such a fearfull mannor, why not just learn about how to use them and to understand them.  Then there would be no need for such fear mongering.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They make guns sound like little vials of death.  Instead of treating firearms in such a fearfull mannor, why not just learn about how to use them and to understand them.  Then there would be no need for such blatent outright liberal-agenda based fear mongering.

Made it GOODer!

Never leave a gun in your vehicle. Guns are often stolen from cars. Except when you are a Chief Law Enforcement Officer. Then it's just a Boo-boo.

Store guns unloaded, locked up and with a lock on the trigger. Consider a lock box for handguns. Store ammunition separately - and locked up. You should be aware, as a responsible gun owner, that a difficult to access, unlock and load inherently evil device of destruction is a much greater deterrent than putting 2+1 into a criminal.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are a family member and are experiencing high levels of anger, fear or depression, remove guns from your home. It is during these times a gun is often used against a loved one or against ones self. If you are not a family member, pass the sorry bastard another beer and keep reminding them their life ain't fo' shit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They make guns sound like little vials of death.  Instead of treating firearms in such a fearfull mannor, why not just learn about how to use them and to understand them.  Then there would be no need for such blatent outright liberal-agenda based fear mongering.

Made it GOODer!

Never leave a gun in your vehicle. Guns are often stolen from cars. Except when you are a Chief Law Enforcement Officer. Then it's just a Boo-boo.

Store guns unloaded, locked up and with a lock on the trigger. Consider a lock box for handguns. Store ammunition separately - and locked up. You should be aware, as a responsible gun owner, that a difficult to access, unlock and load inherently evil device of destruction is a much greater deterrent than putting 2+1 into a criminal.

nice work!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It is illegal for anyone under 21 years old to possess a handgun. It is also illegal to sell or give a gun to a person under 21 years old. (RCW 9.41.070 & .080)

he
RCW 9.41.040
the person owns, has in his or her possession, or has in his or her control any firearm:
    (iii) If the person is under eighteen years of age, except as provided in RCW 9.41.042; and/or

Your talking about CPL
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]
WOW good read now i know what do do with guns. Im glad seattle police is looking out for me
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
If the SHTF and you don't have time for a "tragic boating accident", then you have a tragic "like the Police Chief I left my guns in the car and the guns aren't there anymore even though the 'thieves' didn't damage the car breaking in, the 'thieves' locked the car back up when they went away with the guns, and the 'thieves' didn't take anything else" accident.  Whatever works ...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#11]
"a compelling reason to own a gun" mind your own effin business.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Fortunately, the Seattle Police Department has no authority where I live.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#14]
You must respect my authority!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didnt someone say police pretty much have jurisdiction across the whole state? I thought I read that on here....

Well, either way, we don't get many Seattle police around my parts.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didnt someone say police pretty much have jurisdiction across the whole state? I thought I read that on here....

That is essentially true, as all LEO in this state go through the same academy and have the same training.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is essentially true, as all LEO in this state go through the same academy and have the same training.

The Department of Fish and Wildlife officer can write you a ticket for speeding on 405 if he wants to.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, either way, we don't get many Seattle police around my parts.

We got one living I my area. He commutes

Seems like a good guy though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#19]
THe laws they quote don't jive with their statements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top