Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 5:59:36 PM EDT
Help me out folks, I need some info.  I have an AR-10 (the SEBR) That I plan on hunting with.  Everyone said that there is a 5 round limit for mags.  All I have are 10's and 20's.  I have looked in the hunters pamphlet and even called the Wildlife main office.  They could not site a refference for me.  Does anyone know where that might be?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sauramen
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Help me out folks, I need some info.  I have an AR-10 (the SEBR) That I plan on hunting with.  Everyone said that there is a 5 round limit for mags.  All I have are 10's and 20's.  I have looked in the hunters pamphlet and even called the Wildlife main office.  They could not site a refference for me.  Does anyone know where that might be?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sauramen

A couple guys who hunt here in WA told me they only load 5 cartridges in their rifles (non AR types).  However, just in case, I'm planning to get a 5 rounds mag.  Very cheap compared to the hassle.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me take a look in the Big Game regs and see if anything pops out at me.

You can just block your 10rd or 20rd magazines using a piece of wooden dowel of you don't want to splurge on a 5rd magazine.  Dowel ords are cheaper than a $35 magazine.

Ok I see where the specify a maximum of 3 shells in a shotgun for hunting game birds.

I don't see anything that specifies a magazine capacity limit for big game though.

Searching for magazine gives one hit, and that has to do with it being illegal to have a loaded rifle in a vehicle.

No hits for rounds or capacity.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You can just block your 10rd or 20rd magazines using a piece of wooden dowel of you don't want to splurge on a 5rd magazine.  Dowel ords are cheaper than a $35 magazine.

Ok I see where the specify a maximum of 3 shells in a shotgun for hunting game birds.

I don't see anything that specifies a magazine capacity limit for big game though.

Searching for magazine gives one hit, and that has to do with it being illegal to have a loaded rifle in a vehicle.

Yea, you can have a loaded magazine though, but it cant be attached to the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, you can have a loaded magazine though, but it cant be attached to the rifle.

Yes, I know, that's state law though, not a game regulation.

Loaded firearm in vehicle -- Unlawful use or possession -- Penalty.

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle if:

(a) The person carries, transports, conveys, possesses, or controls a rifle or shotgun in or on a motor vehicle; and

(b) The rifle or shotgun contains shells or cartridges in the magazine or chamber, or is a muzzle-loading firearm that is loaded and capped or primed.

(2) A person is guilty of unlawful use of a loaded firearm if the person negligently shoots a firearm from, across, or along the maintained portion of a public highway.

(3) Unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle or unlawful use of a loaded firearm is a misdemeanor.

(4) This section does not apply if the person:

(a) Is a law enforcement officer who is authorized to carry a firearm and is on duty within the officer's respective jurisdiction;

(b) Possesses a disabled hunter's permit as provided by RCW 77.32.237 and complies with all rules of the department concerning hunting by persons with disabilities.

(5) For purposes of this section, a firearm shall not be considered loaded if the detachable clip or magazine is not inserted in or attached to the firearm.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have never found a law citing any mag limit. This isn't to say it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen one, and I have looked.

This has nothing to do with the Topic, but this was Post 1911 for you...

As for the Topic, load 5 and have fun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#7]
jI wntet down ot teh Miill Creekk ofice adn asssked spefficially abtou tishs. tHey saaid a no maag limit. you'ree god to go.

-U-
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
jI wntet down ot teh Miill Creekk ofice adn asssked spefficially abtou tishs. tHey saaid a no maag limit. you'ree god to go.

-U-

Christ!...did you lose one of your fingers, or are you typing drunk again?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I have used my M1a, FAL and SMLE to hunt with for a long time. The gamies never say anything but "What is it". The gamies told me that WA only has round limit  for shotguns, I believe to comply with fedral migartory bird laws.
Scored a nice big 2pt last monday with my M1a.

DD
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-U-

I was wondering wtf myself......

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks folks!

I went out today with my SEBR and a 20 rounder.  I saw probably 40 does all told and 1 spike just as we were leaving.  I appreciate all your help!

Sauramen
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish I could fit 5 rounds in my rifle. I get 4, and if/when I go to an Ultra Mag, I'll only get 3.

shot placement

shot placement

shot placement
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I wish I could fit 5 rounds in my rifle. I get 4, and if/when I go to an Ultra Mag, I'll only get 3.

shot placement

shot placement

shot placement

Ultra Mag BetaMag?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-U-

I was wondering wtf myself......

You know what's REAL funny? I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER TYPING THIS!!

I was SOOOOOOOOO plowed last night.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]
You might want to check out www.armalite.com

or

http://www.cmmginc.com

They might have a 5 magazine.  I know www.cmmginc.com sells 5 round mag for the 223.

Good luck.

Here's pics of my AR15

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/be9c804f/cab2/__sr_/b3bf.jpg?phDE4eBBrKG9hz8R
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top