Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 11:48:51 AM EDT
Doing some catch up on reading some news papers and the Colarado Amendment 36 was in the front.  The winner take all in the electoral collage system is being replaced (if it passes) to a percentage system (example. 9 for Colarado, so it would split the electral votes like 5/4).

I don't recall what our state has for electorial votes.  But time and time again, (sorry to pick on ya guys), the West side swings this state and the voters East of the hill (as in the Cascades) get the shaft.  Sometimes feels pointless to vote since less people.....

So, would something like that work in WA?  And if it came up as an inatative, would it pass?

Just kicking something out.....  (Forgive me, but I don't know any of the legal hurtals or if it would even possible to do that.....)

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be nice if our state couldn't be counted on to give democrats all of our votes, but the electoral college should be winner take all, so that we don't get back to a percentage system. That would allow the majority to pick the president, and the minority would suffer. Look at Canada, with their Parliamentary system the liberals in eat Canada run the whole country, and west Canada suffers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It would be nice if our state couldn't be counted on to give democrats all of our votes, but the electoral college should be winner take all, so that we don't get back to a percentage system. That would allow the majority to pick the president, and the minority would suffer. Look at Canada, with their Parliamentary system the liberals in eat Canada run the whole country, and west Canada suffers.

EXACTLY...

Colorado's ammendment is, as the opposition group says, A Really Stupid Idea

Fortunately, it is also unconstitutional, since it is not an act of the Legislature.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
IT'S NOT AN AMENDMENT!  It's some shit that some fuckin' libs want to get as an amendment here in CO... Don't lable that crap as Colorado's (hopefully forever)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IT'S NOT AN AMENDMENT!  It's some shit that some fuckin' libs want to get as an amendment here in CO... Don't lable that crap as Colorado's (hopefully forever)

Hey, I'm just quoting what the paper printed.  And it said "amendment"....don't ask why......

Well, at least I know know.....as in more info on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top