Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 4:56:32 PM EDT
Well I wrote Jim Wiest an email asking his position on gun control.

Got the following reply:

"I realize gun-control is important, but it is not the issue in the Lt. Governor race.  What is the issue, is whether, or not, the 28-year career politican/incumbent is doing a good - to reasonable - job in managing the State's economy."

Now I have a dilema, if something happened to the governor, and he took the job, it doesn't sound like he'd stand up against any state bans. Anyone else have oppinions?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you got the FOAD, I'm way better than that incumbent dude is response.

WAC recommends Brad Owen  anyway.

Now that I've looked at Wiests website he's a wimp.

Political Issues
The Washington State Constitution (Article III, Section 16) identifies five primary duties/responsibilities for the Office of the Lieutenant Governor. They are as follows:

1. Act as Governor in the absence of the Governor - first in the line of ascension;
  2. Serve as the presiding officer of the State Senate and appointed Chair to the Senate Rules Committee;
  3. Chair of the Legislative Economic Development Committee;
  4. Perform Ceremonial/Ambassadorial duties as necessary; and
  5. Shall discharge such other duties as may prescribed by law...

Intending to fulfill these duties to the best of my ability, a politically neutral/impartial posture needs to be established and adhered to by the Lieutenant Governor if I am to be most effective in presiding over the State Senate and in Chairing the Senate Rules Committee.

Therefore, the expressing or sharing of my personal political views on any issue (except Washington State's economy [due to the Chairing of the Legislative Economic Development Committee]) is inappropriate and would only serve to impair the effectiveness of the President of the Washington State Senate/Lieutenant Governor.

That goes a level beyond kerry the flipper, at least that rat bastard will take a stand, and then change it every 45 seconds afterwards, but Wiest won't say squat!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Wiest sounds like a wimp.  I voted for Owen.  I voted for another Democrat too (gawd, am I feeling OK????)  The Republican running for State Auditor is a total whack job.  My wife is an auditor, and she said Sonntag would be a far better choice than the whack job.  Read what he wrote in the Voter's pamphlet.......  coocoo, coocoo, coocoo....

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well I wrote Jim Wiest an email asking his position on gun control.

Got the following reply:

"I realize gun-control is important, {snip}

That doesn't sound very pro-RKBA, 2nd Amendment to me.  Sounds like gun-grabber....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Brad Owen is a good guy. Lots of support from both sides. I've met him too. Straight from the mouth of the same Republicans in my area who hosted a funraiser for Rossi, he is the man to vote for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top