Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 1:03:00 PM EDT
Can you beleive they sent me back 15 dollars per car because of I-776. Only by court order I guess.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine back for my truck.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I got $14.00 for paying based on gross vehicle weight.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I got $29.00 back on saturday.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
All I got was a "Happy Birthday" card telling me I need to get in there and renew my DL!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Invest it wisely boys, you know they'll be back for that money and more!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a card Wed. telling me it's time to get new tabs and on Sat. I refund check for 14.00.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I received $15 for my boat trailer, and $15 my wife's car.  I have not yet seen a check for my pick up yet.  Also, I-776 was passed in 2002, so it affected 2003 and 2004.  Shouldn't we be getting back refunds from both years?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
DOL never sends me anything but third degree suspension notices. I didn't do anything to have my license suspended, so I chucked them and never heard anything back.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
DOL never sends me anything but third degree suspension notices. I didn't do anything to have my license suspended, so I chucked them and never heard anything back.

How A Person Gets Their License Suspended in the Third Degree

Drivers who fail to respond to traffic citations are subject to an order of suspension by the Department of Licensing (DOL). If a suspended driver is discovered operating a vehicle, he or she will be cited into a district or municipal court on the misdemeanor charge.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Phil,

I know that you think my driving is the work of the devil. DOL has their head up their ass. I had my license suspended for tickets I never recieved, for tickets I was never convicted of, etc.

Its a moot point anyway, the State Supreme Court ruled Third Degree Suspesions were unlawful. A license suspension requires a hearing now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I got $25 today.

Quoted:

Its a moot point anyway, the State Supreme Court ruled Third Degree Suspesions were unlawful. A license suspension requires a hearing now.

Hopefully the state doesn't disagree with you, right or wrong. I have found it best to be proactive in dealing with these matters instead of having to go to jail in front of prospective pie.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The question is, when you get pulled over by the police and they run your license what is their terminal going to tell them?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#14]
CJ, it'll still get you a "No Valid Operator's License" tickie
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hopefully the state doesn't disagree with you, right or wrong. I have found it best to be proactive in dealing with these matters instead of having to go to jail in front of prospective pie.

Quoted:
The question is, when you get pulled over by the police and they run your license what is their terminal going to tell them?

Precisely.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Except the suspension never occurred. I got the letter, but my license was never suspended. And DOL can't be reached by phone, they jam it up tight and they don't put you on hold, they cut you off. It never showed on their screens.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I got $90 from them last night!  $15 for each of four vehicle and two trailers.  wOOt!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except the suspension never occurred. I got the letter, but my license was never suspended. And DOL can't be reached by phone, they jam it up tight and they don't put you on hold, they cut you off. It never showed on their screens.

You say the suspension never occured, they seem to say that it did.  

Do you see how that could be a problem for you one dark and rainy night when the trooper has you and your shiny new to you truck pulled over on the side of the freeway?

Oh yeah I got a $15 check yesterday, whoopee.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong!...

I see DWLS3 all the time, It does show up in the system!....

Dol can be gotten by phone, I call them lots everyday...( I also have super duper ubber ultra secret numbers)

You are correct on the fact that right now they can not confirm/ship you on DWLS3 ( that means take you in) , but you can be hooked with NVOL. , and If I were you I would be doing whatever I could to take care of it, because this no action to be taken on DWLS3 will not hold up for much longer, It is being worked on as we speak from what I understand.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Guys, C/J has it all under control and our words are seemingly falling on deaf ears.

Good luck with that whole thing, C/J.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Guys, C/J has it all under control and our words are seemingly falling on deaf ears.

Good luck with that whole thing, C/J.

I sense sarcasm. Although as the last notice came a year ago and my DL has been run twice since then, hell I've been to court since then, and it hasn't come up. I'm not particularly worried. Their phone number to handle suspensions is always busy, at least back when I got these letters. Two of them, I believe. I have them in a drawer somewhere. Aren't these things supposed to be sent certified mail? There isn't even a record I ever recieved them. Very sloppy. One was dated June 11, which is the date I deferred the violation they claimed I was convicted of. Another one came bundled with a Notice of Failure to Appear/Pay. A quick phone call cleared that up. They had lost my ticket when I sent it in. I had the original copy and USPS confirmation of delivery via Certified Mail.

If they really want to fuck with me I would love to see them explain this to a court. That could actually be humorous. An expensive way to get my kicks though, they'll fuck you and think that dropping it an having you pay your lawyers fees is fair when they fuck you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
So let me see if I understand....

You got a letter from Oly DOL that said you were suspended, but You really were not, You tried to get throug on the phone but could not get through but then you did, You did not goto court for it, but when you went to court there was nothing about it?, but you proved them wrong when you sent a letter that they did not get?

Right?

I have a idea, stop driving like a madman and you will never have to hastle with them again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So let me see if I understand....

You got a letter from Oly DOL that said you were suspended, but You really were not, You tried to get throug on the phone but could not get through but then you did, You did not goto court for it, but when you went to court there was nothing about it?, but you proved them wrong when you sent a letter that they did not get?

Right?

I have a idea, stop driving like a madman and you will never have to hastle with them again.

No. Never got through to them. Talked to some people at the courthouse, who then must have talked to the DOL people cause nothing ever happened.

I think you understand what I said a little better than that. I never sent anybody a letter they did not get. The court got it, but had to be called and told they had it. They then must have told DOL that they had it, disregard.

BTW, I don't drive like a madman. I just get shit for 10 or so miles per hour over, on the freeway. I wont even do 6 over anymore, unless I'm still going slower than the left lane people are going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top