Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 1:29:24 AM EDT
I am somewhat new to gun shows (i.e., never been to one) and was wondering about the types of items usually for sale at WAC shows.  Is it pretty much like at gun stores, or is there better variety and availability?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Monroe is for Beef Jerkey, Beenie Babbies, Computers, and Ammo....

Most of the rip off artists at the WAC shows seem to haunt the Monroe show...

If you goto Puyallup at least the rip off aritist are spread a little thinner between the good guys..

If you are looking for "Deals" it will take you a little bit to find one.

Monroe show = Ammo from James (surplus ammo) Books and Batt's from NWRed.

Puyallup = better chance of finding fair price and maybe a deal or two. Parts and selection are much better, and like I said...A better bunch of table holders.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Monroe is for Beef Jerkey, Beenie Babbies, Computers, and Ammo....

+1

I wish I were closer to Puyallup.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
+2.
hell, it takes me 45 minutes to get to monroe! Puyallup is like 2 hours!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
+1

Quoted:
+2.
hell, it takes me 45 minutes to get to monroe! Puyallup is like 2 hours!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
10 mins to Monroe, primary reason I even do the show,1-2 hours to Puyallup, which is a better show by far, mostly due to the size. Want to say Monroe is 150+- tables whereas Puyallup is like 450+-. Something like that, so of course the selection will be better, the crowds larger, the deals more likely. Deals seldom if ever, come from table holders, unless its some guy whos been cleaning out his garage and has no clue what used stuff is worth. The guys who are there every show aren't there to do you any favors, they're making RV payments, or something similar and are trying to squeeze every dime out of every deal. Know what stuffs worth ( or is as the case may be, ask me about rewelded M1A receivers )before you go to any gunshow and be prepared to pass on crappy deals, and jump on good ones, just like everywhere else I guess.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks -- I stopped by today.  The most interesting thing was the guy selling gold-prospecting stuff, claiming there was gold in them there Cascade hills.  Other than that, prices and selection seemed ok, if not great.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks -- I stopped by today.  The most interesting thing was the guy selling gold-prospecting stuff, claiming there was gold in them there Cascade hills.  Other than that, prices and selection seemed ok, if not great.

He's not lying.  There was. Emphasis on *was*.  Like one hundred years ago.

:)

Rich
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
But some times you may find a good deal in Monroe. And most times its a good place to get top dollar for what your selling.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
When's the next WAC show at Pooyaloop?  I live like 15 minutes form the Fair grounds.
I need some ammo and a stock wrench.  STILL.  Please help!

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#10]
NOVEMBER 6 & 7, 2004

Most people put the schedule of shows on the back ot thieir membership badge.

www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/shows.asp

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top