Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:23:28 PM EDT
Right in front of the Little Rock fire station a lady and what looked like her son had rearended a stationary [city] recycling truck.  It looked like a Honda civic, it had gone under the rear of the truck about 2/3rds up the hood.  They were both sitting there, just a little trickle of blood down their foreheads but slumped over in odd directions.  Deader than door nails. It was weird to see cause they looked as if they might have been asleep instead.  There were no skid marks so I'm guessing the driver was distracted or maybe running from the cops.  Speed limit was 55mph on that road.
It'll be in the paper tomorrow for sure.  I've seen bodies before, GW1, etc... but it's always sobering to see it again.  Makes you question your mortality.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Not pretty is it?

similar situation once- I once saw a 22 year old beautiful young lady who had fallen asleep at the wheel- rear-ended a semi

There she was- and wasn't

life is fleeting, and a little caution and safety practice can save a lot of grief

sorry for the family members
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never understood why poeple will trade a few miles per gallon for their reduced safety. I want the law of superrior mass on my side. Unfortunately, a big assed truck trumps most.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Distracted drivers. Just as deadly as a drunk.

post#666

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Boom_Stick You are right on questioning your own mortality, I have seen the whole line of ways to die, from Heart attack, to a guy that blasted his brains out infront of his kids. Little kids are the worst, and little old people that have been left unattended really make me feel sad.  Just live your life like it is your only one!

Quoted:
I want the law of superrior mass on my side. Unfortunately, a big assed truck trumps most.

At the fire station we say..... " He with the most lugnuts wins!"

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Tragic...so much history and so much future snuffed out from a mistake that virtually everyone can make.  Tragic.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#7]
We had a similar one up here on SR 206 (mount Spokane highway) and Bruce road this last Tuesday.
83 YO F. stopped at the intersection, drove past 3 signs that say "cross traffic does not stop", then proceeded to pull out right in front of a loaded school bus. Impact killed her instantly. All students and driver of bus are OK.
The driver of the bus just happened to be a friends wife.

I did the traffic control for 4.5 hours at the sceen.
Then the next day did the same for WSP while they investigated.

In 15+ years for the highway Dept. and 2.5 years as a firefighter you see this all the time. I guess you get hardened from it.
Still hurts to think about the family members affected though.

Later,
RedMan*
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#9]
My dad was driving past the scene about five minutes after the Sheriffs mother and sister were killed in an accident. We know some of that family, and they were really torn up about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top