Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 2:07:18 PM EDT
So I joined WAC, but I haven't competed in any competitions that would fulfill the requirements for the CMP. Does anyone have any ideas in the Snohomish county area, specifically close to Marysville?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If I read the  information right, a concealed weapons permit fulfills that requirement.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If I read the  information right, a concealed weapons permit fulfills that requirement.

Actually you can just take the class and get the certificate of completion. That is good enough. But a CHL shortens the waiting period for the FBI background check.

R
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
CMP Requirments

U.S. Citizenship: Check?

Membership in CMP Affiliated Organization:  Check!  WAC is CMP affiliated club.

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity:

Current or past military?

Concealed Carry License?  (this is relatively new and I don't know anyone that has used their WA CPL for it)

But lets say that you want to shoot to meet your requirement. There are regular matches at Kenmore and Paul Bunyan, Snoqualmie, and Machias (AKA Seattle Rifle & Pistol Association, Evergreen Sportsmen Park Range)

There are others that I know of but they're further South than Puyallup and there has to be stuff East of the Cascades too.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!

I do have a Concealed Carry License. Now to find a someone to notarize the paper work...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Give the CPL route a try and report back to us.

Well, what are you waiting for?  Get a move on Mr!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I also want to see the results of this. If you can just use your CPL i will have a garand on its way to my door here shortly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I also want to see the results of this. If you can just use your CPL i will have a garand on its way to my door here shortly.

+1
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I got the paper notorized and I'm filling it out now. I'll let you know what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top