Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 11:24:42 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any feel free to hunt areas(Private Lands) around the Tri-cities, Moses lake or Quincy. IM me if you know where any of these areas are. The fish and game says you have to go out and drive around to locate them even though there web site says they have a map of them that should be out in September. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello I have been asking for this information for years, including through public disclosure. This is the last message I received from them.

The maps will be available on the website around October 1st.  Some of the landowners balked at the detail we intended to use and now the maps won't be quite as we envisioned, which is the reason for the delay.   You may also want to contact the WDFW regional office in the area you wish to hunt.  The regional offices have information on landowners who allow hunting access.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Wildlife Program

The bottom line is landowners have for years collected money and have had no one hunt their land, now they are balking at the thought  of Fish and Game putting their information in a map that would be readily avialable to anyone. There is a lot of landowners ou there who welcome hunters but there is as many who don`t. If I find out anything more I will keep you updated.
Marty
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact WDFW Region 2 office in Ephrata. I got some maps from them back at the end of August. One  map is of corn stubble feilds that they leased.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Knocking on doors has served me well. Lots of good private land out there just waiting for someone to ask.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
That has to be my biggest problem with the whole situation. Were paying these property owners to have access to their land and yet no one knows who they are. I have been knocking on doors for years but I like to have a wide range of options in an area. If there is a public land parcel next to a private land owner who will let you hunt or is a paid "Feel Free To Hunt" Member that isnt letting it be know, that could be the difference of 20 acres to hunt or 2000. Just curious if anyone else knew were these guys are. I guess I'm in the same boat. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top