Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 12:09:28 PM EDT
I was looking into getting an HK94/MP5 Clone built, but when I looked into parts kits, no one will ship to WA.  What's up with that?  I guess we can't have any of the MP5 clones?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't remember the exact wording but no parts are to be imported to WA that were ever intended to be only used in a MG.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So if I buy one of the clone parts kits it's legal, since they were meant for semi-autos?  

I wonder if I can have the AK gunsmith get the MP5 parts kit build it and then send it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of the parts kits have FA trigger parts in them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#5]
ARGH!!!!!  That's brutal.  Damn this state.

But...but...it's not intended or soley meant for use in a MG.  It's for a semi-auto clone.  lol...probably wouldn't work.

It looks like they'll (gunsnstuff.net) will ship the SW5 kits to WA.  They must have no MG parts or been okayed in someway.  Hmm..

If anyone has a clue how I can accomplish this build, it would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Just do it secretly in your basement/garage.

Then let us know when its done!

ETA, Thats messed up the state is sicing the military on anyone that has contraband parts. Maybe the JBT's complained it was hazardous duty.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#7]
The guys down at Olympic Arms tried to tell me that my auto carriers (They came with both of my M4 uppers) were illegal. I told them they weren't, that I had checked.

My understanding is it prohibits parts designed EXCLUSIVELY for NFA weapons. Since the auto carrier is what was originally in the semi and auto AR15s, and functions fine in AR15s, I personally think they are good to go.

Not totally on topic with your question, but it might help. you could probably get away with having the short barrel by calling it a pistol barrel or something.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The guys down at Olympic Arms tried to tell me that my auto carriers (They came with both of my M4 uppers) were illegal. I told them they weren't, that I had checked.

My understanding is it prohibits parts designed EXCLUSIVELY for NFA weapons. Since the auto carrier is what was originally in the semi and auto AR15s, and functions fine in AR15s, I personally think they are good to go.

Not totally on topic with your question, but it might help. you could probably get away with having the short barrel by calling it a pistol barrel or something.

I personally think your butthole is gonna grow wider while in federal prison...................
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally think your butthole is gonna grow wider while in federal prison...................

Nah, auto carriers are good to go by federal law. What we are dealing with here is state law. My interpretation is that its not a violation. Hell, I bought the upper from a USMS guy in Portland.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]

CJ cannot go to prison. He is saving himself!

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Just call the company that you want to get the kit from and tell them that you are in WA. They can usually just exclude the fire control parts and send it out. They do this with FALs all the time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:24:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

CJ cannot go to prison. He is saving himself!

I'm gonna smack you....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top